Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

fdny contract

9 posts in this topic

so does this mean that all new proby's start at 25,000 and do they get the same 17% raise after thier probation is over that the senior guys get?

Probies will start at 25k and they do get the raise. I will post the numbers when I get them.

Probies will start at 25k  and they do get the raise.  I will post the numbers when I get them.

thx man hey any word on future classes i know theres one going in around jan. anything after that?

Probies will start at 25k  and they do get the raise.  I will post the numbers when I get them.

Im sorry to say this but the guys in the FDNY have a very dangerous job(as do the rest of us be i am talking about the FDNY now :rolleyes: ). the city cant find the money to pay them a bit more then 25 starting and 63 max?....thats kinda low isnt it? i remember somone did the math here on emt bravo on i think it was around 23k and it came out to be somthing like $8 and change an hour. I make more money mowing lawns.

Edited by Firefighter57

The question is...list#2043's civil service examination notification still stated the old starting salary of about 34,000, and every person hired off of it has started at that. Do they go through the trouble of notification of starting salary change? or will the change be reflected on the next next in 2006?

The question is...list#2043's civil service examination notification still stated the old starting salary of about 34,000, and every person hired off of it has started at that. Do they go through the trouble of notification of starting salary change? or will the change be reflected on the next next in 2006?

New Hires: For employees hired subsequent to the class in mid-January 2006, a modified starting salary of $25,100 shall apply.

Also note that this is not for the duration of the probationary period. This for 13weeks of proby school. Goto 34k after proby school.

If I remember correctly, and TB correct me if I am mistaken. Anyone who comes over from another agency, IE: NYPD, gets the 34K after probie school and then goes up after the first year.

As of now, NYPD Members and correction get proby pay while in school (Grade 6) After that they then get there time back. So they could jump to top pay (Grade 1) and be able to take the Lt's test. So if they did 5 years at NYPD then moved over they keep the 5 years and get full pay and everything that comes with Grade 1.

The new starting salary of 25k would not go into affect until the contract is ratified which would probably the January class.