Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Problems With Motorola HT1250

8 posts in this topic

I just recently got a motorola ht1250 portable, I've been having problems with the battery holding a charge. But if I switch the battery into my ht750 it holds the charge just fine. The 1250 can sit on the charger the entire day show that its full, and then 15 mins later, its almost dead. Anybody have any suggestions, exp. w/ this problem, know any ways to quickly fix it, or who might service it thats close by?

I'm not 100% on this but I also had an HT1250 and I believe there is a setting for high power and low power for transmitting The high power setting will use up the battery faster. Check your settings on the radio. Other then that you might have a bad battery. What type of battery are you using? Lith-Ion or Nickel? One more thing some batteries have memory in them so if you keep charging a battery that is not fully dead it will never fully charge,It's good to let the battery die fully then charge If all else fails call your dealer or Motorola

1-800-826-1913

I'm not 100% on this but I also had an HT1250 and I believe there is a setting for high power and low power for transmitting The high power setting will use up the battery faster. Check your settings on the radio. Other then that you might have a bad battery. What type of battery are you using? Lith-Ion or Nickel? One more thing some batteries have memory in them so if you keep charging a battery that is not fully dead it will never fully charge,It's good to let the battery die fully then charge If all else fails call your dealer or Motorola

1-800-826-1913

I had a HT P1225 and it had high an low settings. I beleive they are similar.

I already switched the setting to low, and it still does the same thing.....thanks all!!

If it is that new i would call the place you got it from let them make a ticket for repair/replacement and have it fixed that way the radio may a have short in it and it will kill the bat in 15 - 20 mins. So let them check the radio for you. The hi-low setting has nothing to do with it .

Yah get a new one. I had the same problem with my original T 1225 and it wouldn;t keep a charge. Tried new bateries and everything. I had it sent out through the VAC i belonged too and it didn;t work at all when it came bcak (never using that repir shop again). I ended up getting a newer on and never had a problem since.

Your battery is beyond charging, it's not the radio. You will need to purchase a new battery to replace that one. Or if it's within a year of purchase,Motorola will replace it.

PFDLT178,

You could ask your Brother FF "RWC130" to run the Battery you have thru my

Battery Conditioner for a check. I might have an extra battery for you.

:unsure: