Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DADAY

Front Page- Too much LA?

11 posts in this topic

Just some food for thought.

How about we have some more tri-state area photo's on the front page.

LA has nice equipment, but half of the pages are dedicated to them.

Just something to ponder.

When we get our new truck in in February, I'll submit it for a look at some CT apparatus.

There are some of us out there who are pretty big LAFD/LA County Buffs. I did a buff trip out there back in September, but chose not to post the pics here. Took a lot of really good shots, too. I guess that's why you're seeing so much LA Stuff up in here.

There are some of us out there who are pretty big LAFD/LA County Buffs. I did a buff trip out there back in September, but chose not to post the pics here. Took a lot of really good shots, too. I guess that's why you're seeing so much LA Stuff up in here.

Ok then....lets see em!!!

Send in whatever you got to be posted. If peopole want more variety than I guess we need to send in whatever we have. Let's get those cameras out!

Send in whatever you got to be posted. If peopole want more variety than I guess we need to send in whatever we have. Let's get those cameras out!

Exactly.

I disagree with the first comment in this thread.

I don't think it's quite accurate or fair to say that half this site is LA stuff. Yes, there is some LA stuff posted...mainly links to features over at LAFirePhotos.com. The majority of the feedback I get enjoys that content, including myself, which is why it is there. Is it really that big of a turnoff??? I like showing off some of the cool stuff out there, and the cool photos that come from that site (LAFirePhotos.com). Please note I also am part of the webteam over at that site.

Additionally, since I am a big time LA buff.......posting my photos from LA and others photos is a a treat for me. I like the show off some of the things and differences out there.

Please take a look at the front page right now. I think it represents the latest photos from the area quite well.

I work a lot off feedback I get from members of this site. I spend hours upon hours processing, editing, and posting the photos I get. The more photos you send in of the area incidents and apparatus and other special features, the more that will be posted.

Also, as far as the comment that this site started as a site for the NY/NJ/CT metro area, no. This site started exclusively for Westchester County news and photos. Due to member feedback, requests, and most importantly support, it grew to the NY/NJ/CT metro area....with a continuing primary focus on the Westchester area. This site will ALWAYS be a local region site.

And BTW, thanks to all the members who continue to tell me why they LIKE this site, and who keep me going. Thanks also to all the members who continue to submit area news and photos.

If the people don't like it, why don't they just skip to the next link? I'd ignore it....if you read it seems some only have bad things to say about the site.

Really a massive update this week......I think you are doing a tremendous job keeping us all up-to-date with posting the photos. Thanks.

Edited by BrotherFF

I say get rid of the la stuff.....this is suppsed to be the area only.....make another sight for the la stuff

I say get rid of the la stuff.....this is suppsed to be the area only.....make another sight for the la stuff

or... you can make a CT site yourself...

I think that everything should be put to a vote in front of all members prior to getting posted. All picture and all posts, to this way you can submit a post and wait about a week to see how the vote went.

Or maybe we can just pot things and have a group a people checking to make sure they don't offend anybody, and have the guy that pays for the site have the final word.

I like the first idea.