Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
houlidsa

Grant Writer Wanted

2 posts in this topic

My fire company is in dier need of a new station and we are looking to hire a grant writer with experience and a background of getting bricks & mortar funds for FDs. Fund raising just isn't cutting it. If anyone knows of anyone, please post some info. Again we are looking to hire a professional grant writer with a know track record. I'm posting this right now because we had a run and due to the rains up here it was found that more of our bay ceiling has come down! Thanks in advance, houlidsa

I have written four USFA FEMA Grants for our Department- we have recieved two of them. A fire prevention grant and a communications grant. My advice to you is to go to one of the grant workshops that USFA offers and take notes. You should realize that the people reviewing the apps are our peers- from the fire service- I think if you have a need and demonstrate that need in a sincere and rational way you have a good chance- Take it from me, your writing doesn't have to be sophistcated and the narrative doesn't have to be very long- mine were very short and to the point. If you have any questions please feel free to reply. As far as the grant writer, I think someone from your own department would probably best be able to express your needs.