Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CPAGE

Alert Tone for new Fire as they post

9 posts in this topic

Just was wondering if it is possible to have a tone sound when someone post a new fire this way if you are in a different topic you can jump to the fire post.

Great job on the site it looks and works great.

Happy Holidays to all

hmmmm...awesome idea, i hope its possible (crossing my fingers wishing and hopeing)

Just was wondering if it is possible to have a tone sound when someone post a new fire this way if you are in a different topic you can jump to the fire post.

Great Idea, but one question. What kinda tones? Is it going to beep like the minitor pagers, or is it going to be the tones of the Fire District that has the working fire. I'm not that much of computer wiz, but ether ways sound like alot of work for Emtbravo, but if he can do it i'm in favor of it.

Since we are on the subject of New Ideas. Hows about a way to upload sound files, Just like we can upload attachments, and pictures. For Example: You hear a Incident (i.e. Working Fire, MVA rollover Ect Ect) and you have the capability to record the event. Why not post it here where people can hear whats going on. Also it doesn't have to be the whole event. It can just be the initial dispatch info, and it shouldn't be just for IA's it should be for fun stuff to. I don't have any example's of fun stuff, just something to not offensive.

Edited by ems-buff

a sound of a federal!!

Yeah, nothing better than the sound of the good old SCREEEEEEEEEMER!

This would be an extremly difficult modification to do. At this time, there's a lot on my plate that I want to do with this site, and scripting something like that would take a while. I will look into it though.

For the time being, you can always subscribe to the IA forum. That way, when a new IA is posted, a notification is sent to your email box.

I have an idea. Move to vbulletin, make me a SysOp and we can have a little fun with PHP. ;)

I have an idea. Move to vbulletin, make me a SysOp and we can have a little fun with PHP. :(

vbulletin for the win!