Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x242Steve

XMas Tree Fire Video

11 posts in this topic

I use this one in a training classes. I had a student one time that stated that had locks on the gates to the fire escape window. Blindfolded the student gave them a set of keys and put a lock on a window in the classroom (hanging from a rope, shut in the window). Played the tape and said now go and unlock the window. Only 10' from the window in room that she spends 5 days a week in and it took over 4minutes.

my teacher from firegfighter 1 in july of this 2005 used this video to show us the flashover part and how fast fire can spread and catch other thing with the drip of the flame and how fast the room gets blacked out

my teacher from firegfighter 1 in july of this 2005 used this video to show us the flashover part and how fast fire can spread and catch other thing with the drip of the flame and how fast the room gets blacked out

were you in my class? lol

That's really bad. I hope people have some sense and water thoses trees.

I was doing a little research on Christmas Tree fires with my 9 year old. After watching the video. We had a discussion on maybe it was in our best intrest to get an artificial tree. She was giving me a hard time so we surfed the web and came up with this test done in Detroit

http://www.mcta.org/treemyth_mil.pdf

After reviewing this page she promised me that she will check the water twice a day, morning and before she goes to bed. I told her that I will buy a real tree this year, but as soon as the needles dry out the door it goes!!!!!

I guess its true...EVERY second counts.

I show this to all my students particulary at christmas time for those that like to get real trees. Imagine that tree sitting in a foyer of a colonial type house and the heat and toxic gases that will quickly rise and accumulate right at the bedrooms on the landing. Not much time to react if your bedroom door is open.

Irish glad you remember the video.

EMSjunkie I don't know if you were in mine but I share most of my material with other instructors.