Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wmurpht

Tarrytown Tower Ladder 78 Now In Service

12 posts in this topic

At 1202 on 12/29/05 Washington Engine Co. 2 of Tarrytown placed into service the department's newest apparatus, Tower Ladder 78. Engine 78 was retired after 25 years of venerable service to the citizens of Tarrytown.

http://www.geocities.com/tl78zoo/

I'm new to the site;just joined today. I'm originally from Byram CT so this site is of great interest to me.

About the tower, where is it being housed? The house I remember Washington having was way to small, plus I don't think they'ed ever be able to get a tower in/out of that street.

Also is the name of the company going to change?

Thanks

Frank

Temporary housing is at the Hitachi site off of Martling Ave., up the hill from Transfiguration Church.

So I assume that means there will be a new firehouse in the near future?

I'm new to the site;just joined today. I'm originally from Byram CT so this site is of great interest to me.

About the tower, where is it being housed? The house I remember Washington having was way to small, plus I don't think they'ed ever be able to get a tower in/out of that street.

Also is the name of the company going to change?

Thanks

Frank

The village is still currently going ahead with plans for building a new house on 119 for Washington Engine. Although the politicians haven't exactly been clamoring to get it built in any hurry over the past few years. Hopefully it will happen sooner than later and the arrival of TL78 has motivated them to get something done in an expiditious manner.

The company will retain it name for business purposes (Washington Engine, Co. 2 inc.). And yes, the truck can fit on all the streets in Tarrytown that any of the other apparatus currently have the capability to (some tight squeezes but it fits).

what are thoes things on the cab's roof ???

Good Luck to all the Officers and Members of Washington Engine Company from the Officers and Members of Union Hose Engine Company No. 2 Sleepy Hollow!

what are thoes things on the cab's roof ???

The black instruments on the raised part of the cab roof are remote operated spotlights. They are controled from tethers in the cab.

The black instruments on the raised part of the cab roof are remote operated spotlights.  They are controled from tethers in the cab.

thats kinda smart, one less thing the officer has to do while responding or searching for the address

thats kinda smart, one less thing the officer has to do while responding or searching for the address

There is also a hand held spotlight mounted at the officer's position in the cab.

Temporary housing is at the Hitachi site off of Martling Ave., up the hill from Transfiguration Church.

A firetruck with no firehouse to put it in, will the members have to be stationed at this site ( is it a commercial/private business) in order for them to respond with the new truck?