Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Porsha911gt3

When is your department's Parade?

11 posts in this topic

My department does not hold a parade but we do go to several, I though it would be good to list all of the area parades in Dutchess, Putnam, Westchester and surrounding counties. So everyone would know when they are and they could plan on going to them.

Sorry to go a little off topic here, but with your department's parade (if you have one), how many fire companies are usually invited or in attendance? And what about if you are having an anniversary parade, then how many companies are invited?

Mamaroneck Village is Thursday June 29

Isn't Mamaroncek's usually on the Tuesday before the fourth of July?

This thread is for posting parade dates for 2006. It is not another thread to debate opinions of parades.

Parade dates will then be added to the master list of 2006 events.

mamaroneck is on a thursday night because of the forth of july and we did not want are annual firemen carnival to be to long so we are starting are carnival on june 29th and it will end on july 5th hope you can come and injoy yourself

Peekskillis having it annual 4th of july parade, step off is at 10:00 A.M. Fireworks will also follow at 9:30 that night at the river front green.

Edited by truckie45

White Plains FD was in the St. Patricks day parade on March 11, 2006

N. White Plains FD will be in the parade with Pleasantville on June 2, 2006 @ 7pm

N. White Plains FD will be in the parade with Mamaroneck on June 29, 2006 @ 7pm also.

White Plains FD will be in the memorial day parade on May 29, 2006

Somers VFD's 75th Anniversary Parade

is Saturday, May 20th, 2006.

Step-off is at 1700 hrs (5pm for those who don't use the 24-hr clock)

95 Departmants, Companies and VAC's invited, so far only 45 have replied. 30 attending!

Parade route will be along Route 116 (Purdys Rd) to Route 202/100 (Somerstown Turnpike) past the Elephant Hotel, and continue down Route 202 (Somers Rd) past the Somers (Hamlet) Fire House and reviewing stand, and end at the Somers Middle School.

Carnival will be set-up at the Peter J. Babich Memorial Fireman's Field across from Warren St on Route 202.

Collectables will be available for purchase.

The Raffle for the 2006 Hummer H3 will go off the same night. Tickets are available for $100.00 each (only 1000 tickets). The Hummer is currently in front of Somers Fire Headquarters in Lincolndale- drive by and take a look. Ask any Somers Member about tickets.

Congrats on your 75th anniversary and I will be there for the parade. It sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck.

I thank everyone for submitting parade info on this thread. All posted events, and some other confirmed dates, are now in the master list at the top of this forum (2006 Events). Any additional parades, musters, etc. to be added, please post here or PM to me and they will be added. We also would like step-off times and parade routes to add to the events. Only CONFIRMED information please.

Thanks!!!!

Cold Spring Fire Company 110th Anniversary, Saturday, July 8th, 6:30pm