Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
25truck26

Rye FD apparatus replacment?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys little info for you about the Ladders in Rye.

Rye ladder 26 has mostly been a spare ladder and a mutual aid ladder. The ladder part is 50 years old and it hard to even consider it as a spare anymore. The front cab is 20 years old. When Ladder 25 (2001 Seagrave) needs to be serviced TL24 Harrison has covered the city and we have done the same for Harrison when TL24 has to go out of service.

The department has proposed to replace Ladder 26 to the city and it is currently in the 2006 city budget. If this passes and Rye has a new ladder then Rye will start having 2 ladders going on runs. L26 would be staffed by volunteers.

No secret Port Chester now goes with Mamaroneck. In the past Rye L26 second home was Westchester Ave and Poningo St in PC.

Hope this helped

Edited by 25truck26

What trucks are up for replacement and what is going on with getting a new ladder?

Rye Engine 192 currently a 1986 Sutphen is being replaced by a 2006 Seagrave. I think similar specs to Trumbull CT and Harrison Engine 10. I believe Delivery is for the fall of this year if not sooner.

There is talk about Ladder 26 being replaced but that is a discussion for later time as we have no further details other then still in the hands of city council.

I hope this answers everyone's questions about Rye's apparatus many of you have been asking lately

What trucks are up for replacement and what is going on with getting a new ladder?

The other thread said they're replacing the Seagraves they just got a couple of years ago.