Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SHFD781

Stratford CT Fire Dept Now Recruiting

11 posts in this topic

www.townofstratford.com

Stratford, Connecticut Job Opening

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Town of Stratford

Firefighter

$44,512 - $55,084

(As of 7/01/05)

The Town of Stratford is recruiting for Firefighters. Candidates must take and pass a written test, oral examination, medical, drug screen, background investigation and psychological evaluation.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS

High School Diploma or State Equivalency Certificate

18 years old by November 1, 2006.

Valid motor vehicle license

U.S. Citizen

2006 CPAT Certified at time of written exam

Certified EMT by the date of hire

TO APPLY

Applications are available at the Town of Stratford, Human Resources Department, 2725 Main Street, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. You may also access our website for an application at www.townofstratford.com. CPAT information will be available at Human Resources along with applications or via the internet at www.ct.gov/cfpc

Candidates must be registered for CPAT by March 31, 2006.

Completed applications must be returned to the Human Resources Department, March 31, 2006. A $25.00 non-refundable check must accompany your application.

The written test is scheduled for mid November 2006. A copy of your CPAT certification must be received in the Human Resources Department by November 1, 2006. The Town of Stratford reserves the right to limit the number of candidates invited to each selection process after the written test.

The Town of Stratford is an equal opportunity employer. Female and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.

Stratford Connecticut

Human Resources Department

2725 Main Street, Stratford, Connecticut 06615.

Phone: 203-385-4007

Fax: 203-385-4037

resumes@townofstratford.com

http://www.townofstratford.com/humanresour...Firefighter.htm

Stratford Firefighter Application:

http://www.townofstratford.com/humanresour...ication2006.pdf

What are the odds of getting on the job if you do not have residency? and are there any requirements?

For those interested...

I spoke to the human resource dept. They have no residency restrictions and they do not give preference to residents.

Is anyone from Westchester planning on taking this test?

I've been looking into it. I do have family there too, even if they dont have residency preference.

I was reading through the application and it says that you have to be EMT certified by time of appointment. If I was EMT certified in NY, would that satisfy the CT requirement...or would I have to take it all over again in CT?

The only residentcy issue is that you need a CT driver licens to operated apparatus.

Also, there should be no problem with the NY EMT licence. NY & CT have a rreciprosity agreement.

To get your EMT cert. in CT all you have to do is either go on the DOHwebsite and print out a form, fill it out and mail it in and they will send you a card or give them a call.

For the CPAT, I recommend going to the orientation after you sign up, if it's your first time...basically walks you through exactly what you have to do.