Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dominator900

Somers - stat flight

5 posts in this topic

i just got off work and heard 60 contacting somers dispatch for stat flight's ETA, does anyone have any further information?

head on MVA, multiple ALS patients I'm sure someone else has more

All I heard was 202 and Brick Hill Road just before the Willows for an auto accident. I would presume that's what you're looking for. Sounds like 202 was shut down for a couple of hours.

Somers couple critically hurt in wreck

By RICHARD LIEBSON

rliebson@thejournalnews.com

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: January 25, 2006)

SOMERS — A local couple were critically injured this morning when their car collided with a pickup truck, state police said.

Gerard Schuh, 81, and his wife, Ellen, 76, of Heritage Hills were in critical condition at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla following the 11:30 a.m. accident on Route 202 just east of Voris Road.

Police said the accident happened when a 2003 Dodge pickup crossed the double yellow line and hit the Schuhs' 2002 Toyota Camry. The couple were removed from the car by members of the Somers Fire Department. Gerard Schuh was taken to the medical center by a STAT Flight helicopter; his wife was transported by a Somers ambulance.

The driver of the pickup, Djuro Lucaj of Lake Drive, Somers, told police he blacked out just before the accident. He was taken by ambulance to Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco with head and chest injuries.

Police said Route 202 was closed for about three hours while the wreckage was cleared.

News12 reported that day that the the elderly man died at WMC. I'd trust the Journal News tho before I trust News12.