Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firecapt32

Intense Firefighter Training Course

14 posts in this topic

I broached this subject in another fourm and thought I'd put it out and see what happens. We have been saying all along that more training is needed.

How about a intense 4 week course over the summer ---same firefighters through out

subjects covered:

Firefighter 1

Firefighter2

Safety/survival

Rescue tech basic

if it works mabey try 4 nights a week must my thoughts

I know you guys out there will have some ideas about it so lets see whats on your minds.

Sounds good but what if you have Firefighter 1 or any other class in the program?

If you already have any of the parts it wouldn't be for you. The idea is to get a intense class of person that will complete the entire package from start to finish.

I was also thinking of this idea as I've seen Putnam do something similiar and I was thinking a Mon.-Fri. during the day also.

FireCapt, you know I'm in if you do.

What about adding FAST to it? It would be a great set of classes the new members would be able to help others but most important help themselves if they got in trouble

sounds good, and its better than what we have now. might be hard for some people to comit to, but it's worth a shot.

FAST is no good until you hone your basic skills. The first part of FAST operations that shows inexperience is in search skills. If anything we'll discuss adding survival for the portions that aren't in the FF 1 curriculum.

will there be a weekend survival/FASTeam class this summer? preferabaly when I am home :lol:

there is both a survival and FAST class at camp smith this summer, they are offered on 2 back to back weekends. I plan on taking them, because I too will be home from college.

Does any one know of any Rescue Tech Basic Classes, preferably in the summer, at either Camp Smith or in Dutchess County?

Does any one know of any Rescue Tech Basic Classes, preferably in the summer, at either Camp Smith or in Dutchess County?

Where would this intense class be? And what are the insurance requirements?

there is both a survival and FAST class at camp smith this summer, they are offered on 2 back to back weekends. I plan on taking them, because I too will be home from college.

where do i sign up?

All Camp Smith courses go through OFPC Academy of Fire Science at Montour Falls. If the 2006 schedule is up on their website they normally offer a survival and a FAST starting in Febuary, every month I believe except December and January. There is a survival Feb 11th and a FAST the 18th and 19th. Anyone taking it I'll see you there.

According to the site the Feb. Survival is filled.

www.dos.state.ny.us/fire/residential.html

There is a link to print out the registration form, and there is a $25 fee for in-state firefighters.

Mr. EMTBravo is it possible to get that link somewhere on the site so I don't have to get tired of typing it.

That sounds like a great idea, especially for new members just out of High school or during summer break.

I have FF1 and Survival already but love the concept and know that several members of my company alone would take part in that.