Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CFD320

Donation Chest

4 posts in this topic

Seth,

Any thoughts of setting up a donation chest, I heard something about the site going over the transfer quota. I'm sure some of us would be happy to make a contribution to offset some of your costs.

Thanks for the thought and the offer, it is appreciated.

The bandwith wasn't a cost issue, it was a portioning issue.

As time for me becomes available, I will be looking to cover the cost of running the site sometime in the near future. Not looking to profit AT ALL, but need to start being a little more conservative with my cash flow and covering the expense of running this site would help. Probaly will be selling something, and also may enable a donation or susbscriber feature on this site.

Also, this question always comes up....I don't want to have ads on the site.

i am subscribed to other forums online, and the way they are set up is you have to pay to get some of the advanced features such as an avatar, or a location under your name. Just some ideas.

Seth,

While I appreciate your reluctance to have ads on this site, perhaps some out of the way Google text ads might be worthwhile. I have Gmail and I never notice the add I have. Also I think a donation chest would get a very strong response.

-Jared