Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Guess Who? (For DG795)

8 posts in this topic

BTW, if Yorktown disposes of this after many years of service, it will upset me greatly. This truck should be kept in YHFD and brought to parades,musters, etc.....Yorktown's all its ever known. I hope they let it retire with them.

I guess to say what is going to happen to the current ladder 51 is premature....the department is only in investigative phases of the process for new apparatus. A little history of the 1968 Seagrave:

-It originally came with a gasoline engine...it then was converted to diesel, I dont know the year.

-The original color of the truck was "bamboo creme" a common color for ladder apparatus at the time.

-I am told the the doors originally read "YHFD Hook & Ladder Co. 1". This was changed to "Engine Company" at a later date. :(

-Ladder 51 participated in the triangle shopping center fire of 1971, At the time only 3 years old. Pictures from this fire are on YorktownFire.org, under Apparatus St. 2, Ladder 51.

To the best of my knowledge, Truck 51 is the oldest active, in service ladder in the county.

I like L51 a lot! Nothing like the sound of that Segrave

purrrring down the road.

Did you know that L51 was the

sister ladder of the old L45 Peekskill?

They were identical except the colors but thanks to DG795

that should not be an issue anymore. Right Doug?

As I have said before, Fire Trucks should be red....And Yorktown has come around to this truth:) lol

One good thing about the greenish / yellow rigs of yorktown, at a dark, stormy, smoky fire scene, you'll see them clearly and know who it is!

Yorktown has got to keep L-51. After all the years its been around, that truck is definitely worth keeping due to sentimental reasoning. I know I always like climbing 51 when Mohegan and Yorktown have combined ladder drills.

excellent training nights those are, we always enjoy the opportunity to go out and play with our brothers to the north :D .....btw is mohegan intending to keep us on structured response to holy comforter since the arrival of T35? I hope so....I feel agreements like this are the first step towards an organized M/A response system, and I wish we could do the more of the same for our district.