Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest 1239

North county tanker's to New Rochelle?

11 posts in this topic

I heard tonight on News 12 that New Rochelle and sourronding areas where having water problems. They also stated that tankers from north county where brought in, does any no who went and where there being housed?? Thank you!

I heard tonight on News 12 that New Rochelle and sourronding areas where having water problems. They also stated that tankers from north county where brought in, does any no who went and where there being housed?? Thank you!

Tankers 3, 5, 6, 8, and 16 stood by in Pelham and Pelham Manor while water main service was performed. All companies released at 02:15

I took a few picts, nothing spectacular - it was dark, and my camera sucks, so the quality isn't the best. I'll submit them to Bravo-man later today.

And just to add to the previous post - 2031 (Bedford Hills) was there, I believe he was going to be in charge of tanker ops if something went down, and WCDES Field Com 1 was there.

And New Rochelle manned E17 (spare) with 4 extra firefighters to be a water source engine.

Edited by 648eng119

Quick question....anybody know how many members, in addition to the BHFD chief, responded with the tankers?

So here is a quick question..... If the majority of the tankers were moved to pelham.... did any tankers get shuffled around the north county???? or were there any put on standby that werent sent down..... By the looks of it yorktown, millwood, goldens bridge, croton falls and south salem were the only tankers left in the north county.

Plectron, you're forgetting Vista, Pocantico Hills, Croton, as well as all the tankers available from Putnam County, as well as all the engines that aslo carry large amouts of water and hose that were still left. Don't forget there's a lot more population and fireload in New Rochelle then there is in the North County, and plenty of resources even with the tankers that left. And yes, there were tankers covering for those operating down there, of course.

Pocantico, Armonk, and Millwood we're on the NR backup plan - any 10-75 in the city or pelham/pelham manor, would have gottn those 3 tankers on an additional response. Left covering the county were Vista, South Salem, Goldens Bridge, Katonah (The new T6 went to NR, which wasn't officially in service yet, so the old T6 was still in qtrs), Croton, Banksville, Yorktown, and Continental Village. Plus, Somers E188 can almost be considered a tanker. Everything was well thought out by the DES bosses before the final plans were made.

Each tanker that came down had anywhere from a 2 to 4 member crew.

Fortunately the new T-6 didnt make its maiden voyage down here, although many of us were hoping for it.

Each tanker that came down had anywhere from a 2 to 4 member crew. 

Fortunately the new T-6 didnt make its maiden voyage down here,  although many of us were hoping for it.

The " N E W " T-6 DID make is maiden voyage to the Pelham Fire Station.

Don't forget that just north of the "Mason-Dixon Line" was the following:

Brewster 11-4-1 2500 Gallons

Brewster 11-4-2 3750 Gallons

Carmel 12-4-1 1800 Gallons

Mahopac 18-4-2 2500 Gallons

Mahopac Falls 19-4-1 3700 Gallons

Putnam Valley 24-4-1 2000 Gallons

Continental Village 14-4-1 (Tanker 11) 2000

Garrison 15-4-1 3000 Gallons

Thats about 21,000 ready to go south on a moments notice,

GOYANKS,

I meant its first "run" or "call". Getting it to Katonah was technically a voyage of sorts too.