Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beavis

Mutual aid

5 posts in this topic

How many departments receive mutual aid as much as they give it? I am asking because some depts. really rely on it and for the most part are unable to reciprocate. This is not because they are lazy or don't want to but because they can't manpower wise. Is this topic ever discussed at your firehouses and what solutions have come of it?

Hey beavis

In *******, we do a lot of mutual aid to our neighbor to the*********. They have had their problems and are severely lacking manpower, so during the week we are sometimes auto-mutual aid for an ambulance, and an engine, tanker, and manpower. But they have a new FD Chief, and a new Rescue Squad Captain, and they are picking it back up again. If we ever had to call them for help we would RARELY get it. But we run two ambulances about 800 times a year, and about 600 fires a year. Starting to be a problem around here with mutual aid though, no one is available during the day. It sucks. Might be going with two paid firefighter/EMT's during the week. Its being discussed but I dont know the particulars.

Have a great day.

down here in village of mamaroneck we have a good relationship with are sorronding town if we need it they come and if they need us we go we stick togeather i dont know how it is in other place but when they call use we show up we get guy from engine companys to go if they need a ladder and we get ladder guy if they need a engine and i have to say are first due is the village of port chester and when we need them they come with a good crew

Edited by jamboreflh

:rolleyes:

Dude if your not from Westchester , anybody will tell ya Mount Vernon is the all time abuser of MA. Not our fault but the jackass of a Mayor doesnt mind using other cities rigs. Ask New Rochelle there our 3rd.due truck and what I dont get is these really good firefighters over there dont say Jack.

:lol:

Dude if your not from Westchester , anybody will tell ya Mount Vernon is the all time abuser of MA. Not our fault but the jackass of a Mayor doesnt mind using other cities rigs. Ask New Rochelle there our 3rd.due truck and what I dont get is these really good firefighters over there dont say Jack.

jloftus, unfortunately I am in westchester and the other day I was at a fire(not gonna say where) but if the mutual aid didn't get there when they did it probably would of been alot worse. Covering lack of manpower with neighboring help sure as s#*!@ isn't the answer. You're right, nobody says anything to change it.