Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

White Plains -Large Brush Fire 4-30-04

4 posts in this topic

Date: 4-30-04

Time: 1435hrs

Location: Orchard St X Cummings Ave X Cloverdale Ave (near city line)

Units: White Plains 4 engines, 3 trucks; North White Plains E-74, L-47

Frequency: 453.500

Description: Large area of brush

Writer: Truck4

1435hrs- White Plains and N. White Plains responding to large brush fire (The bi-annual burning of the swamp). NWP chief gave it as a verbal.

1437hrs- Co's rpt large brush burning from a distance. Car 2512 req. full assignment T/S.

1442hrs- M/A Hartsdale truck to cover WP Sta. 6 and Fairview engine to cover HQ.

1444hrs- CMD reports 2512 large area of swamp involved. Co's set up (E-66) on Cummings Ave to protect exposures (P/D's). Req. North White Plains to set up on the Stop And Shop side of fire. NWP FD already O/S. Wind is blowing fire away from exposures at this time and appears to be burning itself out. Req. L-34 to I-287 side of fire. NYSP to assist with traffic.

1449hrs- Car 2512 re-directing an engine to the pump house side of fire. Units confirming no exposure problem on Cummings Ave.

1453hrs- M/A E-174 enroute to HQ. Hartsdale TL-15 to Sta. 6. E-66 now set up at pump house on Orchard St. and will put deck gun in op. Req. additional Engine to assist (E-70).

1458hrs- CMD rpts still have large hot spots and an area of fire near Orchard St. No exp. problems at this time. E-67 rpts fire near school is contained. E-66 rpts. fire is burning toward the pump hose but is not in reach yet. NWP FD req. Valhalla VAC to scene for rehab. Large loom up still visible from a distance.

1508hrs- White Plains releasing M/A. North White Plains req. W. Harrison to cover. Westbound I-287 w/major delays.

1518hrs- NWP FD E-74 still has 2 L/S/O. L-47 is picking up.

Excellent write up, I couldn't have said it any more correctly...... i was on scene and have several pictures that should be posted shortly...

Photos now posted, www.emtbravo.com

Photos by and thanks to HFD211

Awesome pics HFD211! Also News12 has some pretty good footage, too bad they only showed it for less then 10 seconds.