Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SRS131EMTFF

Mini-Attacks

6 posts in this topic

I have a question about mini-attacks. What company makes but best Mini-attacks? I was looking at some of the Darley wildland or quick attack. These trucks look the best for the needs of my department as a truck to get into areas where the engine can not get to. What is the price that one would expect for a truck that should fill this capacity. Bedfords Mini-attack 7 is a great truck that is a GMC and has served our community well in its 22 or so years but it is felt that it is time for it to be replaced.

I will try to get a pic of what i was thinking of.

Two companies that specifically come to mind are Fouts Bros. (Good Mini attacks but not impressed with thier tankers) and Unruh Mini attacks. Unruh is out west but they are reasonably priced and well built.

www.unruhfire.com

I know Gowans-Knight makes a decent mini pumper and Pierce did for a big name company. ALF does make some but I think they got that from when they took over Becker. I think Seagrave also has a decent one. I'm only familiar with Gowans-Knight units since there are several around me for mini attack / brush rigs (my department does not have one) I'm only going but what I have seen used by area departments.

Edited by IzzyEng4

I'd have to agree with Gowans-Knight apparatus, and another good manufacturer with some pretty sweet trucks for the mini attacks looks to be 4Guys- check them out at www.4guysfire.com

Don't know about the quality, but check out Ferrara. They seem to have some interesting rigs.

I dont know if they are still making them but Millwood runs a Mini made by Saulsbury. We have an 1989 Saulsbury, Ford -F-350 M.A.-10 Mini pumper, 750GPM pump/150 Gal. booster tank. Class B foam equipped. Its a great little rig that will do almost anythign you want. Is good for brush/wild fires as well as getting up driveways and other locations that an 'full sized' rig will not.