Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
millwood127

46.26/36.96 uhf uplinks/repeater frequencies

26 posts in this topic

I AM LOOKING FOR THE BEST REPEATER FREQUENCY FOR 46.26 AND 33.96 that will come in clear I guess what i am looking for is the strongest signal for both 33.96 and 46.26

Well you mean a cross-band repeater set of frequencies or what do you mean? If that is the case, you need to go to the local frequency coordinator and get an FCC license to use it, plus permission to up-link to those two frequencies listed.

Well you mean a cross-band repeater set of frequencies or what do you mean?  If that is the case, you need to go to the local frequency coordinator and get an FCC license to use it, plus permission to up-link to those two frequencies listed.

I am sorry if I explained it wrong. I was told that there are repeters around the county that recive the singnal on 46.26 or 33.96 and repeaters it on to a uhf frequency

Edited by millwood127

Go under the communication section of the Network and look for the following repeaters:

-Peekskill 46.26 x-band repeater

-Croton 46.26 x-band repeater

-Yorktown 46.26 x-band repeater

All of these work great for me, and I like in S. Westchester. Since it looks like you are from Millwood, these frequencies should come in clear from where you live. As for a good 33.96 repeater, I believe Pound Ridge has one, or HAD one (I think there was a big debate or problem with it being up), other then that I don't think there is another (or good) 33.96 repeater up. Hope this helps.

Go under the communication section of the Network and look for the following repeaters:

-Peekskill 46.26 x-band repeater

-Croton 46.26 x-band repeater

-Yorktown 46.26 x-band repeater

All of these work great for me, and I like in S. Westchester. Since it looks like you are from Millwood, these frequencies should come in clear from where you live. As for a good 33.96 repeater, I believe Pound Ridge has one, or HAD one (I think there was a big debate or problem with it being up), other then that I don't think there is another (or good) 33.96 repeater up. Hope this helps.

I looked on the list I don't think there are any other 33.96 repeaters beside pound ridge

Edited by millwood127

46.26 repeater freqs on towers in the following towns :

Katonah - 460.2375 Dpl 065

Peekskill - 453.875 Dpl 411

Yorktown - 453.5625 Dpl 606 North, 306 south

Croton - 453.025 Dpl503

Pound Ridge - 453.975 Dpl 413

Lake Mohegan - 453.275 Dpl 226

Montrose - 453.4125

not sure of West Harrison - use to be 453.000 Dpl 243

Don't remember how I got these, it was awhile ago.

Never put the pl's in to verify

Edited by CTchaz

If you're in Millwood you may want to use either:

Croton X46.26: 453.0250

Briarcliff X46.26: 460.1125

Yorktown X46.26: 453.5625

The only current link to 33.96 is Pound Ridge, which is 453.350. It comes thru in Croton, but with a little static.

I never received the PR repeater clear...But I also heard it was taken down at some point because of some controversy?

not sure of West Harrison - use to be 453.000  Dpl 243

I think West Harrison is 472.250

Are these repeaters always on? Can I monitor 46.26 24/7 with a UHF radio through one of these?

Thanks

Mike

Are these repeaters always on? Can I monitor 46.26 24/7 with a UHF radio through one of these?

Thanks

Mike

You sure can, Mike. I hear more on the Yorktown link (453.5625 MHz) than I ever did on 46.26.

just in case you are intertested hte west harrison freq. is 472.250

and new rochelle now has a 33.96 freq. on the winged foot tower im not sure what it is but it also serves dept on thne souind shore who dispatch on 33.96 look up on radiorefernce.com then look under fcc licenses in westchester you will be very surprized at what you find there

Katonah - 460.2375  Dpl 065

Peekskill - 453.875  Dpl 411

Yorktown - 453.5625  Dpl 606 North, 306 south

Croton - 453.025  Dpl503

Pound Ridge - 453.975  Dpl 413

Lake Mohegan - 453.275  Dpl 226

Montrose - 453.4125 

not sure of West Harrison - use to be 453.000  Dpl 243

Don't remember how I got these, it was awhile ago.

Never put the pl's in to verify

what is the dpl after the frequency for i dont know much about it

and new rochelle now has a 33.96 freq. on the winged foot tower im not sure what it is but it also serves dept on thne souind shore who dispatch on 33.96 look up on radiorefernce.com then look under fcc licenses in westchester you will be very surprized at what you find there

does anyone know the uhf for this

DPL = Digital Private Line, the more modern version of TS which stands for Tone Squelch. They are used to keep the receivers quiet unless a unit in the same group talks to them. The older tone squelcu uses a sub-audible tone that you don't hear but the radio does, and the digital uses a digital code to open the receiver, whereas CSQ or carrier squelch hears everybody.

Hope this helps, any more questions feel free to PM me.

having trouble finding this do u have a direct link to the page with th fcc on it

does anyone have the uhf freq. for new rochelle's 33.96 repeater

Pound Ridge's 33.96 repeater is up and running on 453.350 rx DPL 664N and tx 458.350 DPL 664N. I get it in all of northern Westchester county, but down around Valhalla I lose it. It transmits and receives fine from the northern parts.

Anyone know if the Briarcliff link has a PL or not? And if so what it is?

Edited by srcfd

I should probably know this but will ask anyway... Does the UHF link allow you transmit and receive to 60 on the designated UHF channel or do you tranmsit on UHF and receive on 46.26 - or some combination thereof?

huh.gif

And is it simplex or duplex?

huh.gif

Edited by Chris192

The briarcliff UHF repeater is a DPL of 243.

go to radioreference.com yopu will find all kind of info there you will be shocked

Dont answer this question about what it transmits, this only allows more D@#chebags to transmit and interrupt tx's. If you dont know what it is then its obvious that you probably shouldnt. This stuff isnt ALL public knowledge for a reason.

I should probably know this but will ask anyway...  Does the UHF link allow you transmit and receive to 60 on the designated UHF channel or do you tranmsit on UHF and receive on 46.26 - or some combination thereof?

huh.gif

And is it simplex or duplex? 

huh.gif

Chris,

Any of these UHF repeaters that are "linked" to 46.26 are setup for duplex. For example...

Croton's 46.26 Repeater

UHF Input is 458.0250 which goes out on 453.0250 and 46.26. Anything coming in on 46.26 is put out on 453.0250 but not 46.26 again.

If I have a UHF radio, as long as I can hit the repeater my transmissions will be heard on the UHF Output as well as 46.26. If I had a low-band, if I hit the repeater I can be heard on UHF but not low-band.

Make any sense?

PL/DPL info left out so all y'all whackers don't use it and create more BS on 46.26.... tongue.gif

Chris,

Any of these UHF repeaters that are "linked" to 46.26 are setup for duplex.  For example...

Croton's 46.26 Repeater

UHF Input is 458.0250 which goes out on 453.0250 and 46.26.  Anything coming in on 46.26 is put out on 453.0250 but not 46.26 again.

If I have a UHF radio, as long as I can hit the repeater my transmissions will be heard on the UHF Output as well as 46.26.  If I had a low-band, if I hit the repeater I can be heard on UHF but not low-band.

Make any sense?

PL/DPL info left out so all y'all whackers don't use it and create more BS on 46.26.... tongue.gif

very ease to understand

Millwood127,

Go to the COMMUNICATIONS section. Look under FREQUENCIES.

You will find a big list of PD, FD, EMS including Ossining VAC that

you keep posting about.

Check your PM's and get back to me.

biggrin.gif