Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest WRVFD9000

Westchester County Trunked Radio System

10 posts in this topic

I am wondering what the correct base plans, steps, and channels are for the Westchester County Trunked Radio System. I am getting different results and was wondering which ones are correct.I went onto the radioreference.com and they gave me the following:

North Zone, Range 1: Base = 470.0 MHz, Step = 12.5kHz, Channel = 380

South Zone, Range 1: Base = 476.075 MHz, Step = 12.5 kHz. Channel = 380

South Zone, Range 2: Base = 476.075 MHz, Steps = 12.5 KHz, Channel = 526

I also got another site off emtbravo.com which is http://nf2g.com/scannist/ny_west/BD02.html

North System: Base 470.000 MHz, Step 12.5 KHz and the channel(offset) is 380

South System: Base 476.000 MHz, Step 12.5 Khz and the channel (offset) is 520

I am not sure whether or not I should use all of the base plans from both sites or whether or not this will mess things up. I was also wondering if anyone happened to have the correct frequencies for the North and South Zone also. I am getting different results with those from both sites. If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it. I just want to make sure that I have my scanner programmed correctly.

Thanks

I use a Radio Shack PRO97 with a Diamond RH77CA antenna. I downloaded everything from radioreference.com, and then used the cable from RAD SHACK to load it into the scanner, so I would go with the info from radref.

You mentioned that you used the info from Radioreference.com and you havent had a problem with it in terms of accuracy?

As EMTBravo Communications Advisor, and as DOC22 stated, the RadioReference.com info will work. Also see this Westchester County Fire/EMS Trunked System thread. See posts number 57, 59, 60 for specific info. There is a lot of information in this thread that you will help you to understand the system. If you still have any questions feel free to ask. Best of luck.

NOTE: the info in the above thread will work the same as the info in RR.com

Edited by SteveOFD

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

You mentioned that you used the info from Radioreference.com and you havent had a problem with it in terms of accuracy?

No, not at all, it works just fine

is this system fully online and is the county police switching over as wel

is this system fully online and is the county police switching over as wel

The Westchester Trunked Radio System is fully operational (has been for a full year now) and is currently only used by various Fire /EMS providers, Westchester County Transit, ( Bee Line Bus ) and 12 area hospitals, including Greenwich. Per RR, "All talkgroups are recorded. Tactical talkgroups are not monitored by 60 Control."

Police are not using it for operations, but I would imagine most if not all PD agencies have the capability to use it, when and if needed.

thank you that anseered my question and i guess as the years go on the county police might switch over to trunked to i asume

thank you that anseered my question and i guess as the years go on the county police might switch over to trunked to i asume

Unless something has changed since the System was designed, Police agencies will not be using the System. All County Police agencies (including County PD, NYSP, EnCon, City, Town & Village) have a trunked radio base in their HQ. The System was designed with the frequency capacity for only Fire, EMS and the BeeLine bus system. In order for any other agencies to possibly have access, additional frequencies would need to be added, and additional tower sites added.

Right now each Zone of the System is assigned six frequency pairs. From what I have tracked not all of these freq's are being used due to possible interference to other nearby users of adjacent channels. So, the System is already operating below what it was designed for. This System was designed specifcally for Dispatch and Response purposes, not Tactical use, as PD's would use it. What this means is that it was not designed for Portable Radio usage (hence the need for additional towers for the additional "in-street" coverage that PD usage would require if they were to use the System).