Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BedfordFire

Trench/Collapse Rescue Trucks

11 posts in this topic

I was just wondering what towns or cities have designated trucks or trailers for collapse rescues? What kind of equipment are on them and how often to do they see service?

White plains is working on a shop built collpase unit (Utility #1) using an old engine, similar to the Yonkers Unit. The equipment is in and the work should be completed in approx. 1 month.

Stamford Fire Rescue has a trench rescue trailer stored at Station #3 on the west side. It holds the trench panels, ground pads, walers, and other lumber; and a complete set of Paratech struts with controllers, hoses, etc. It also has a mounted generator and a Jobox with assorted hand tools, ropes, etc.

When a trench/collapse incident comes in R-1, R-2, E-5 and the first due engine are dispatched directly to the scene. Other personnel will pick up the trailer and transport it to the scene. During that time the rescue company completes the size up, risk assessment, and secures the scene.

Be Safe,

SFRD49

I know Goshen FD has a Collapse Unit (trailer) that has tons of lumber and a workbench in it to cut the wood. I believe they run a team in combination with Mechanicstown FD.

East Fishkill also has a similar collapse trailer with lumber and a workbench.

Edited by Truckie93

NEW ROCHELLE FIRE DEPARTMENT HAS A COLLAPSE UNIT CALLED RESCUE 54.

Norwalk (CT) Has one made from an old American Lafrance pumper.

I know Goshen FD has a Collapse Unit (trailer) that has tons of lumber and a workbench in it to cut the wood.  I believe they run a team in combination with Mechanicstown FD.

East Fishkill also has a similar collapse trailer with lumber and a workbench.

The East Fishkill trailer serves several purposes. It is used for collapses and what not, but it also serves as a shoring trailer for auto accidents that require a large amount of stabilization. The trailer was created mainly because of the major highways that cross through East Fishkill, it was created with tractor trailers in mind. It has only been in service for about a year or so, and it has been used several times.

Greenwich has the technical rescue team out of station 5. sound beach. The actual trench rescue unit is an ex-us army duce and a half w/ plywood. ( TAC 51). The TAC is an ex rescue truck, 1986 4wd international http://www.nefirenews.org/ne/SoundBeachR5.jpg. Tac 5 also carries some hi angel rope rescue equipment, and rescue 5 carries all of the stablization equipment. They also have a trailer that can be set up as both a shop and a command post, has a nice torch, welder, workbench/ tool box.

Don't quote me on this, but I think Greenburgh PD has a collapse rescue unit associated with the technical rescue team. Perhaps someone could confirm this for me.

Yonkers runs collaps unit.

"Don't quote me on this, but I think Greenburgh PD has a collapse rescue unit associated with the technical rescue team. Perhaps someone could confirm this for me."

GPD's TRT does have collapse operations capability. The team consists of GPD Officers, Paramedics, and Fairview FF's. Hartsdale and Greenville might have members, but I'm not sure.