UHF REPEATER LINKS TO 46.26

25 posts in this topic

453.875 Peekskill FD

453.562 Yorktown FD

453.000 West Harrison FD

453.025 Croton FD

453.975 Pound Ridge FD

ENJOY!! :(

I dont think that Croton repeater is up anymore.

I dont think that Croton repeater is up anymore.
The Croton FD has installed a crossband link to its low-band radio.  This UHF will link to whatever frequency our base is set on (IE if we put our ops and base on 46.14, the link will be to 46.14).  This frequency is 453.025.  Area Chiefs - contact me for additional info if you would like.

It's brand new. It's there.

my bad...Im thinking of the ossining repeater that does not work anymore..that frequency was 460.6375...I always get croton and Ossining mixed up!

LOL.....BTW, When you upgrade your antenna, you will hear all of the repeaters alot better. that 800mHz you are working with probaly cuts your reception of UHF by 50%, and your VHF and LB by 75%

FYI - All 5 frequencies I posted as working 100% as of last night.

DFFD - my feelings are hurt!!!

Croton and Ossining are the SAME?

Ouch! Ossining is closer to you, they have it made because they don't run EMS - unlike our sorry asses!

Besides, Croton is home to Engine 119, the same cab as your TL23!

lol oh yeah...I hear Croton going out all the time for EMS runs, while im in my nice warm toasty bed at 2 in the morning...But It doesn't matter becuase I will be doing the same soon, and other people will be listening in there nice warm beds...and so on, and so on, and so on.

I was listening to that croton repeater...and I hear PUTNAM. Whats this? It use to work very good, and all of a sudden it doesnt work?...WTF!

From the FCC website Sleepy Hollow has a pending application for a repeater link. Location-Ichabod Lane, Tarrytown 478.6125Mhz.

I was listening to that croton repeater...and I hear PUTNAM. Whats this? It use to work very good, and all of a sudden it doesnt work?...WTF!

Yup, we're getting all kinds of garbage and have no clue why.

Hopefully, all of our new equipment is here soon and this problem will go bye-bye.

Yea man, you gotta do this ASAP! You have no idea how annoying these guys are. Tones comen in every second that sounds like tires skidding on a road way...and its just non stop talking about drill dates, and etc...HELP! lol

From the FCC website Sleepy Hollow has a pending application for a repeater link. Location-Ichabod Lane, Tarrytown 478.6125Mhz.
Steve, does this work? I have had this frequency in my scanner for about 5 days and I hear nothing.

The "pending" means they have not been issued a license, or been authorized by the FCC to use this freq. Will post if I hear anything.

Rumor has it that Katonah has a new UHF Crossband repeater linked to 46.26. That frequency is 460.2375 DPL 65. Havent heard anything on it yet, anyone know if this is accurate? I will post if I do hear anything.

well, it appears this repeater doesn't work for me, There were many calls through out WC and every repeater and there mom worked except this one. Any one else hear anything?

Yea, probably too far away, but I am hearing some kind of police agency on it, running plates and such.

Katonah's cross band link was supposed to be up as of last Friday-I posted it on Jim Fordyce's board. No rumor there, kiddies.

Cheers,

Skooter

Also heard that there will be many other x band repeaters popin up through out the county very soon...TRUE or FALSE?

The new trunked system is actually a sophisticated repeater system. All apparatus, base stations, and portables will talk to each other through the nearest tower(repeater). Portables and apparatus will also have Fireground freq's. that will bypass the trunked system.

I am told the Katonah FD Repeater for 46.26 which is

460.2375 DPL 065 is up and running.... K

Anyone listen to it yet?

478.6125 WILL BE USED FOR DISPATCH LINK TO 155.775 BOTH WITH A DIGITAL PRIVATE LINE. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HEAR ON EITHER FREQ.

BY 2006 478.6125 WILL BE IN FULLUSE WITH THE UHF REPEATER SYSTEM. 478.6125 WILL BE THE MAIN TRANSMIT.

OSSINING: Ossining's repeater system is for the apparatus only. There is was a switch in the apparatus that you would have to turn on to activate the system in order to work. They haven't worked right since day one. They were not installed properly. They did have a link from fire headquarters to the water tower, but it has been changed about 6-7 years ago.

SLEEPY HOLLOW: This frequency is going into service most likely June 1, 2004. This frequency will be used for as a link from UHF to VHF (155.775). Also June or July 2004 Sleepy Hollow will be using UHF ground frequencies for all incidents. 46.26 will be only used for calling for Mutual Aid.

Also heard that there will be many other x band repeaters popin up through out the county very soon...TRUE or FALSE?

True, X-band is another word for frequencies in the 800's