Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
N1Medic

Status Of OLM*EMS

5 posts in this topic

I recently heard that Our Lady Of Mercy Hospital in the Bronx was bought out by Montifiore. What does this mean for their EMS divison? Will they stay OLM*EMS, or merge with the Monte EMS division and their purple stripe scheme?

There was alot of talk about this over the summer - and the deal was signed, apprently it has been in the works for a while. However, OLM is going to stay OLM and OLM EMS is going to stay OLM EMS the last i heard.

Not much can be done to get rid of one or the other, there are not enough OLM EMS people to run Monte and Einstein's operations, and since the Monte/Einstein operation is non-union and the OLM operation is union, Monte can't simply take over OLM...

To tell you the truth, I think that EMS is pretty low on the priority list for Spencer Foreman.

OLM will stay OLM the board of directors (BOD's) have "merged" their will be no shared services, all 3 hospitals will still on their own. The BOD's will act as a financial governing body. As for the ambulances OLM just ordered a brand new Type I, in blue, it will say OUR LADY OF MERCY MEDICAL CENTER and somwhere MEMBER OF THE MONTIFORE HEALTH SYSTEM. OLM will recive one new bus ever 6 months. (as aproved by the new BOD's).

OLM will stay OLM the board of directors (BOD's) have "merged" their will be no shared services, all 3 hospitals will still on their own. The BOD's will act as a financial governing body. As for the ambulances OLM just ordered a brand new Type I, in blue,  it will say OUR LADY OF MERCY MEDICAL CENTER and somwhere MEMBER OF THE MONTIFORE HEALTH SYSTEM. OLM will recive one new bus ever 6 months. (as aproved by the new BOD's).

About time, those buses are ancient.