Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rescue83

Drill In Pleasantville- Any Photos?

7 posts in this topic

I was wondering if any one has pictures from the drill in Pleasantville, where the multiple departments got together and did the tanker shuttle?

I went down to this and we were just about to drop our water when P-ville got that possible Structure Fire. So we got back from that and they put us on standby for any other calls they got. But it was a cool drill I am glad I went down. And the funny thing was when we got to the possible structure fire we pulled up the road and people were like what in the world is a Tanker going to do?

Right before I moved to Florida in early 2005, Millwood and Pleasantville began working together on a section of Pleasantville's box that had water supply issues and pressure problems. I believe that the final agreement that was finalized after my departure was that Tanker 15 is now first due into their box for certain streets due to this water supply issue. I'm not sure if they've added Pocantico and others on the intial alarm. Glad to see that Katonah and others from the north are cross training as well.

Both 2251 and 2371 are on this board often, they can probably elaborate.

Edited by mfc2257

PVAC took pictures of the drill. We will either try to post them or I will be giving copies to the PFD chief.

I would like to thank PFD for all of their hard work setting up the drill. :D

As far as pics from the Battalion 12 drill, there should be a bunch. I had ONLOCATION there to take pics. I know he took about 200 pics and I am trying to hook up with him to get a copy of the disk. As for the alarm, it came in as possible structure fire on Park street off of Locust. Which is in one of our three no-water areas we have in our district. If we get an alarm in any of these areas, in the possible structure catagory we have a full dept responce and also get Tanker 12 and Tanker 15. So during the drill when the alarm came in we sent 2472, 2372, Tower 5, Thornwoods R-75 (they were covering during the drill incase of an alarm) also responded was Tanker 6, Banksville Tanker and I believe Tanker 15. Jt also went to the call and got some pics.

As far as pics from the Battalion 12 drill, there should be a bunch.  I had ONLOCATION there to take pics.  I know he took about 200 pics and I am trying to hook up with him to get a copy of the disk.  As for the alarm, it came in as possible structure fire on Park street off of Locust.  Which is in one of our three no-water areas we have in our district.  If we get an alarm in any of these areas, in the possible structure catagory we have a full dept responce and also get Tanker 12 and Tanker 15.  So during the drill when the alarm came in we sent 2472, 2372, Tower 5, Thornwoods R-75 (they were covering during the drill incase of an alarm) also responded was Tanker 6, Banksville Tanker and I believe Tanker 15.  Jt also went to the call and got some pics.

Ya I got um Ferg ben MIA for a few days, will be talking to ya

Hope all is well. Haven't heard from you in a while. Good to see ya back