Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WAS967

Yorktown -Pedestrian Struck 5-12-04

4 posts in this topic

Anyone have any more information about this? Call was on Wednesday, I'd say about 2-3pm or so. I was working the other side of the county and heard the call go out. I would have taken notes but I was a bit busy myself that day. Call went out for an MVA at the construction zone near the FDR Park entrance northbound Taconic State Parkway. Update reports pedestrian struck. 34Medics on the scene report best access is from the FDR onramp. 1-2 minutes later they report CPR in progress. FD on scene later calls for second bus to the scene for patient in shock. I have nothing further. There is no information that I can find in the paper or news12.

This was from wnbc.com:

Guardrail Installer Killed On Taconic State Parkway

POSTED: 7:48 am EDT May 14, 2004

UPDATED: 8:21 am EDT May 14, 2004

YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- A Rockland County man installing guardrails along the Taconic State Parkway was killed Thursday when he was run over by a pickup truck backing up at the worksite.

State police say 33-year-old Alex Bulavesky of Pomona was pronounced dead at Hudson Valley Hospital Center in Cortlandt.

Police say he was working in the northbound lanes of the Taconic near the FDR State Park at 3 p.m., when he was hit by the truck. 

State police are calling it an accident.

The truck driver says he checked his mirrors before backing up, and then stopped when he felt something being hit. He jumped out to see his coworker under the truck.

http://www.wnbc.com/traffic/3304186/detail.html

i was at that accident.....

.....and?