Followers 0

Gasoline heading to $3 and more...

45 posts in this topic

8825113_240X180.jpg

Brooklyn.... NOT a joke

Anyone wanna take over my lease? :D

Edited by 242steve

242steve, I had no idea we had crossed 4 bucks in the City ??!! :D

yep - saw it on the news before. the station quickly took them back down. So it makes you wonder between the taxes and the markups...

With the increase in gas prices, doesn't the state get more in the sales tax portion of the price? Makes you wonder if Albany is enjoying the extra income at our expense. :unsure:

I think it is time to develop a "sailcar." Anyone care to pursue this endeavor with me???

:o If its 4 dollars a gallon now in some places by memorial day some places will hit 5 dollars a gallon INSANE Everyone go out and buy a bike, people are gonna have to get a second mortgage just to pay for gas!! :P

I was going to say, its $3 in daytona...but you got me beat in Brooklyn

Edited by EMSJunkie712

I guess this is a bad time to start learning to drive. I can pass the tests, but I don't have the green to drive a car!

I guess it's back to my bike, although I can't plug a blue light into that baby.

I think RadioShack still sells the Firemans helmet with the revolving light on top, except it is RED.. :P

Hey just remember nobody needs to drive...it is all a choice we make. And on that note I put over $40 in my small Focus...thank God I didn't get the Mustang...

Yeah, this is all we need now... :lol:

NBC10.com

Philadelphia

Some Stations Running Out Of Gas

Local Stations Run Out Of Gasoline

POSTED: 6:48 am EDT April 20, 2006

UPDATED: 6:17 pm EDT April 20, 2006

Gas stations in three East Coast states ran out of fuel on Thursday as gas prices soared.

Shortages were reported in Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania on Thursday afternoon. They could last as long as 30 days.

NBC 10 was live at one gas station when the pumps went dry at rush hour.

An NBC 10 news team was at a Wilmington, Del., gas station on Thursday afternoon, where reporter Bill Baldini informed drivers pulling up to the pumps that the station was on empty.

Closer to home for NBC10.com, a Luk Oil station just blocks from our station was out of gas as news trucks hit the street to report the Thursday afternoon news.

Stations on the Admiral Wilson Boulevard in New Jersey and in several Pennsylvania areas are also out of fuel, or only selling premium fuel, AAA told NBC 10.

AAA spokeswoman Cathy Rossi told Baldini that the shortages were due to "logistics."

She said that a switch from MTBE to ethanol as a fuel additive is causing the shortages, and that more ethanol was in transit to refineries.

Rossi said the shortages were expected to be temporary.

By temporary, AAA and other experts said the shortage situation could be for as long as 30 days.

Edited by hoss

Hey just remember nobody needs to drive...it is all a choice we make.  And on that note I put over $40 in my small Focus...thank God I didn't get the Mustang...

I have a Mustang... it's so bad that I think I'm gonna go out and buy a bike. I figure that for a nice $350 bike, the gasoline equivalent is like 8 to 10 tanks of fuel, so the bike will end up paying for itself in about a month and a half... What a sad reality...

Emergency order for spot fuel shortages

(Trenton-AP, April 22, 2006) -

Gov. Jon S. Corzine has issued an emergency exemption to intrastate trucking rules that allows greater flexibility in getting fuel deliveries to service stations.

The emergency order issued Friday night is designed to alleviate spot fuel shortages in New Jersey.

The exemption relaxes the number of hours a commercial driver can drive in the Garden State without a mandatory rest period.

The idea is to avoid bottlenecks at oil refineries, where drivers had been resting in compliance with federal law before making local fuel deliveries.

The exemption will be in effect through Monday, according to a copy of the order signed by the governor.

Virginia and Pennsylvania also have enacted similar orders.

The action was driven in part by the high price of fuel, and in part by an annual switch from the type of gas sold in the winter to that sold during the warmer summer months.

Forget it, I have a Tahoe and it is beyond bad $55 for a 1/2 tank. Nothing I like more than that. I have a bike too, a Harley, none the less, and its time to go out and buy a bicycle. GT Mountain bike, here I come!!!

I think it's time to change the name of the thread to "Gasoline at $3 and more" I payed $3.03 up here in Rochester at the cheapest place I could find. Prices went up about 20 cents over night.