Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Porsha911gt3

2006 New York International Auto Show

13 posts in this topic

With the 2006 NY Autoshow underway I figured I would ask a few questions. I ususally go every year, but this year im stuck at college up in Rochester. :) I haven't missed one in about 8 years B)

Who is going?

What do you want to see?

What was your favorite thing you saw?

Ill be going. I as well go yearly. I want to see a few things: The new Mustang that Hoss posted on bravo, the car I want to get which is a Jeep Wrangler, and some other stuff. The only thing that I dont like is the crowd.

I have gone with my Dad for a couple of years now, and the crowds are insane. I can't wait to see the new shelby Cobra. The BMW's and all of the concept cars are also fun to see. I think a few years ago they had a private jet that someone was showing. Overall The Car show is awesome, and is always a good time. I would reccomend that anyone who can go, should.

some I would look for:

post-839-1145133986.jpg

new audi TT

post-839-1145133996.jpg

new BMW Z4

post-839-1145134010.jpg

Bentley Continental GTC (200 large ones.... :unsure: )

also:

post-839-1145134430.jpg

Salleen-Parnelli Jones Mustang

:D:D:unsure:B)

I am going and I have been going for that last 5 years. I want to see the Acura TL, the new 2007 GMC yukon Denali, and the mustang that hoss posted, and a bunch of other hot cars that I like.

Edited by NewRo-L12

I will attending for the first time on Thursday. Should be cool. Any tips on where to park?

I will attending for the first time on Thursday. Should be cool. Any tips on where to park?

I can tell you this much the parking garages within about a 4 blocks will try and RAPE u with their "event rates" if you walk a few blocks you will save at least 30 bucks

The best garages that I have found are between 8th and 9th avenue from 35th to 39th streets.

Also make sure you walk down 38th street, right before 11th avenue there is a car rental place that rents exotic cars and they always have all of their doors open, you'll get to see some nice cars in there.

And one more thing take a walk down to Manhatten Motors, it is about a 10-15 minute walk south of the Javits Center. It is right on 11th, believe me you will see more exotic cars there than at the auto show.

Edited by Porsha911gt3

Brian, is it this week?

Park?, Ur better off taking the train then a Cab to the Javits Center.

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

Yes the autoshow began Friday 04/14 and it runs until Sunday 04/23.

Yes the autoshow began Friday 04/14 and it runs until Sunday 04/23.

Ok, thanks. Usually its in the Newspaper. Guess I missed it

I missed it last year and I was really mad. I usually go to this show and the motorcycle show but sometimes we just miss them.

I really hope I can get around to going, but with school and all I probably won't get there until saturday (22) or sunday (23).