Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

It's EMS Week

12 posts in this topic

Happy EMS Week, LOL!

Is anybody or anybodies agency doing anything to commemorate the week?

Westchester EMS Council Awards Dinner is tommorrow night.

Yonkers EMS week...... events planned through out the week

when did ems week start? also were did it get its start?

EMS week started on sunday (5/16/04) and goes till this saturday

I mean when was the first ems week.the history of it.what year did it start?

thanks for the website

happy ems week to all those still doing it full time...don't forget to grab a nickel soda at Empress and get your cooler bag...123

You know what ticks me off about EMS week? It's that if you're not in EMS, you don't really know it's EMS week. What does i really mean anyways? Free lunch and maybe a goddy at the hospital? During Fire prevention week, you see banners on the firehouse, open houses, school visits, etc.

What do the EMS agencies around here do in regards to public relations during EMS week? BARELY ANYTHING!! As far as I know at least.

Why not visit some schools and assisted living facilities, host a health fair, host an open house? It's EMS week to shine and show the public that theres police, fire,communications, AND EMS.

1 Article in the JN, nothing on "News" 12.

IMO, EMS is a profession and needs to be more visible to the public and more assertive when it comes to public relations.

Another EMS week gone by, and people still think we are just ambulance drivers.

I know Pantego, TX. holds an EMS event every year. They shut down the street along side the Fire Station, and hold a big event with Fire/EMS/Police present. CareFlite normally will bring one of their Helicopters to show off also. The kids can take a ride around the block on the Engine. There's clowns, food, soft drinks, shows, and even an extrication deminstration. It's FUN for kids of all ages!! :D:D:D

OVAC typicaly does a nice open house event with clowns, balloons, the DUI Car, etc. MKVAC wanted to have thier open house on Sunday to lead into EMS week, but it got pushed back and should be early June. I'm not sure of any other EMS event/open houses that really flaunt the idea of EMS Week.