Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest x2371

Fleet Demo Day at Rye Playand

10 posts in this topic

-Fleet demo day at Rye Playland April 25, 2006. Ford, GM Chrysler Police and Special Vechiles on display

-Equipment info

-Modified Cone course vechilce testing

-The new R-47 wil be thier on display along with Car 2371.

-For more info and registration e-mail dpw-automotive@westchestergov.com or call 995-4961

Held at Playland from 9-3 (raindate 4/26)

Edited by Pville2371

It was a good show with a lot of local equipment. The hit of the day was the EVOC ride along in the Charger & Magnum drive along. These cars are sick. They are unbelievable. I felt like they blew away the Ford and Chevy. (and I am a Chevy man). If I hadto rate the cars I would say Charger, Magnum, Crown Vic and then the Impala. Was a great day and would like to thank everyone that set it up. Myself and Onlocation took a bunch of pics and hopefully to be posted soon.

Edited by Pville2371

I went to the show, it was pretty good. The test course was fun, I took a ride in the Magnum.... lots of fun.

It was a good show with a lot of local equipment.  The hit of the day was the EVOC ride along in the Charger & Magnum drive along.  These cars are sick.  They are unbelievable.  I felt like they blew away the Ford and Chevy.  (and I am a Chevy man).  If I hadto rate the cars I would say Charger, Magnum, Crown Vic and then the Impala.  Was a great day and would like to thank everyone that set it up.  Myself and Onlocation took a bunch of pics and hopefully to be posted soon.

Here is what I feel, the new Impala is at the bottom of the list. It had no pickup and could not handle any of the sharp turns. The Charger leaves a lot to be desired, I expected more, due to its traction control, when coming out of turns it hesitates in acceleration. In addition, the gas pedal of one of the Chargers broke off during the first run of the day (probably due to the fact that the pedal mount was plastic). The Magnum was excellent, good handling, and exceptional stopping ability (blows all the others away). Finally, there was the Crown Vic, which I would say is much improved over the 2003-2005 models. The wheelbase is wider and the tires on the demo car were 18 inches, which I believed improved its performance over previous model years.

As far as I am concerned the Ford and the Magnum are pretty much in a dead heat. The other two vehicles leave a lot to be desired. All in all it was a very educational and informative experience.

Edited by khas143

Really enjoyed it. Test rides were awesome and have to agree that the Magnum was very impressive and it is a station wagon. Did not do the Crown Vic, but just seeing the Impala it was visually not good what so ever. And Whelen still the Best Lighting manufacturer by far, not that we didn't know that already.

i thought the show was awsome i was disapointed that the magnum and charger couldnt go all out but the 2 crown vics were sweet. and alot of nice cops cars and fire, ems, oh and u cant forget the bomb squad trucks

i wish they would do something like that up here in dutchess county.

the demo was awesome I loved seeing the charger, free stuff ride along the only problem was they weren't allowed to open up the chargers on the EVOC course but the C.V. was a better ride than the dragon coaster

Sounds like it was a good time...Just wish it was on a weekend. I would have liked to go and bring some of our trucks. But oh well ya can't win'em all I guess. Maybe next year they'll have it on a Sat. or Sun.