Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VNCVAL

FDNY Super Pumper System

4 posts in this topic

DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE TO GET VIDEO ON THE FDNY SUPER PUMPER i ALREADY HAVE THE ONE PUT OUT A FEW YEARS AGO FROM ADVANCED FIRE "THE WAR YEARS" i TRIED GOOGLE AND WROTE TO MACK TRUCKS AND THE FDNY LIBRARY AND PHOTO UNIT THEY SAY THEY KNOW OF NOTHING AVALIBLE.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

There's a GREAT book out on the Super Pumper System, written by John Calderone of FAJ and published by FAJ:

http://www.fire-police-ems.com/books/bf1917.shtml

From FSP Books And Videos:

FDNY SUPERPUMPER SYSTEM, John A. Calderone, 2002 reprint

Originally published in 1985, this band-new reprint traces the development of this one-of-a-kind fire suppression device. 

The entire history of the Superpumper is covered: from its basic concept; awarding of the contract to Mack Trucks in 1963; construction; selection of firehouses and personnel; official acceptance and placement in service in 1965; gradual decline in the iid 1970’s; and eventual elimination from active service in 1982. 

This book shows the awesome power of a “pumper” capable of delivering 8,800 gallons of water per minute, at 350 pounds per square inch pressure. 

Complete specifications are provided, as well as runs and workers statistics. 

8 1/2” x 11”, 84 pages, 147 color and B&W photos, softbound BF1917 / $24.95 

As far as the video goes, I'd contact FSP, if it's out there, they could get it.

THANKS FOR THE INFO . I ALREADY HAVE THE BOOK BUT I WILL CONTACT FSP AND SEE IF THEY KNOW. VINNY

FYI- A ebay seller "Truckie45"has a Superpumper system patch for sale on ebay.