Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irishfire2491

Ossining New Tones?

7 posts in this topic

Early today when I was listening to Ossining noon time test I heard a different begining tone and I have been hear it all day with a test.

Is Ossining Changing there tones to something new???

Whats the deal??

I think just testing new noon time test tones and new software, I think? More info to follow. Also it was'nt the tones that were changed it was the Box Dial-up after the tone

Yea it sounds like you are dialing a Phone I personally don't like it. I Like the OLd Tone a lot better.

I believe the 1st set of tones you hear open up the fire pagers and the DTMF tones

activate the sirens.

A tone, B tone, then the DTMF tones

sounds like somone dialing a telephone very fast.

Yes the Dial-up activates the House Sirens for the Individual companies and the (Box alarm) air Whistles (Minor and General) . Actual tones havn't changed.

I believe the 1st set of tones you hear open up the fire pagers and the DTMF tones

activate the sirens.

A tone, B tone, then the DTMF tones

sounds like somone dialing a telephone very fast.

I know what their tones sound like but the day when i heard them testing the tones is sould like a phone being dialing but very very slow and unusle for the original tones that u hear eveyday

I have an Ossining tone I cant figure out how to put it on here so u guys/gals can hear or listen to it on your media player. If somebody tells me how ill be happy to post it.