Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest KFD236

Help with the rising gas prices

16 posts in this topic

Great, $100 dollars. Even with my car (4 cyl.) those bucks only get me about 3 or 4 weeks.

Thanks Dubya

it seems like they're just offering the rebate to push drilling in alaska national wildlife reserve thinking nobody will complain because they get 100 dollars.

Gee thanks I should be able to get to work now for at least another week

YAY! A BIG WHOPPING $100! That will give me two tanks of gas. How the hell is that going to really help me or anyone else for that matter? Typical goverment thinking!

A $100!?!?!?!?! Great that will fill my tank 1.25 times!!!!! Thanks Mr. Pres. Vice Pres and the elected Congreesmen!!!

:D

How nice of them. They're giving us our own money back! How about lowering the federal taxes on petroleum products, but that would cost real money and lord knows they wouldn't be able to do that and still pay for all the useless projects and programs they come up with down in the little swamp on the Potomac.

How nice of them. They're giving us our own money back!  How about lowering the federal taxes on petroleum products, but that would cost real money and lord knows they wouldn't  be able to do that and still pay for all the useless projects and programs they come up with down in the little swamp on the Potomac.

Ypu lmpw you just made me think, they'll give us the rebate and then the IRS will tax us on it becasue it is income! Sounds about right huh?

WOOHOO!!!!!

A Hundred Bucks!!!!!!!!!!

Thats two fill-ups for me.

Talk about cheap insult to costly injury.

My daughter will be born in a few weeks. As a new father, I can't imagine what she'll have to pay for gas when she turns of age. Gotta find some donkey to pull my truck to work just to make ends meet.

What ever happened to our state officials who said they would cap the state gas tax based on 1.75 a gallon? What about the county tax? The amount of money the state and county are getting in additional revenue should wipe out any deficits. How about reducing the state and county tax? Look at the NJ prices. I'm in St Louis right now on business and the price here averages at 2.75.

WOOHOO!!!!!

A Hundred Bucks!!!!!!!!!!

Thats two fill-ups for me.

Talk about cheap insult to costly injury.

My daughter will be born in a few weeks. As a new father, I can't imagine what she'll have to pay for gas when she turns of age. Gotta find some donkey to pull my truck to work just to make ends meet.

Congrats on the new addition to your family :)

Would anybody like to take a Bee-Line bus to work ??? Check out www.beelinebus.com.

Instead of offering solutions all this guy can do is come up with excuses! And he's our Energy Secretary..... Pathetic!! :blink:

Bodman sees up to three years of fuel pain

Energy secretary says oil companies ‘have lost control of the market’

By Alex Johnson

Reporter

MSNBC

Updated: 8:16 a.m. ET May 1, 2006

Gasoline prices have soared an average of 60 cents a gallon in less than a month because suppliers are unable to keep up with demand, a situation that could persist up to three more years, Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman said Sunday.

Bodman said on NBC’s “Meet the Press†that the shortfall was a sign of a stronger economy under President Bush, but he acknowledged that, at least for now,  “the suppliers have lost control of the market.â€

“The oil has gone up because the suppliers are unable to make the flows equal to the demand,†he said. “... Clearly, it’s going to be a number of years, maybe two to three years, before suppliers are going to be able to keep up with those demands.â€

Bodman blamed demand from China and India, reduced refining capacity after Hurricane Katrina, and inadequate planning for shifts to cleaner fuels like ethanol and low-sulfur diesel for causing market “dislocations†that led to rising prices, but Red Cavaney, president of the American Petroleum Institute, the industry trade group, said the war in Iraq played a major role, too.

U.S. companies have been unable to provide the Iraqis with technical assistance to revive their oil industry because “we make sure that we don’t put our employees in harm’s way,†he said. “As soon as you can stabilize the situation in Iraq, they can ramp up production, but it’s going to take years.â€

So they're just going to give us $100 of our taxes back, then tax it as income..

State spending $6M on Orleans ethanol plant

David Tyler

Staff writer

(May 8, 2006) — SHELBY — New York will spend nearly $6 million to help a company open what is billed as the first state-of-the-art dry mill ethanol plant in the state.

Western New York Energy, LLC, plans to spend $87.4 million to build on 144 acres in the town of Shelby, Orleans County. Construction is expected to begin in June and be completed by early 2008. The plant will produce 50 million gallons of ethanol a year and create 58 jobs, officials said

Gov. Pataki, speaking at an appearance at Shelby Town Hall, said the plant will help make New York a leader in alternative energy production and help wean the country from dependence on foreign oil.

"It is just, in my view, tragic that in the 21st century we still have that dependency," Pataki said.

Pataki also said as many as 500 jobs would be created in ancillary industries such as transportation and agriculture. The plant will use 20 million bushels of corn a year, with 6 million of those expected to come from New York state.

The state support includes $3.1 million to help rail and other transportation access at the site, $435 thousand in the form of a grant, and Western New York Energy also will be eligible for up to $2.5 million in renewable energy production tax credits. The plant site also is in a tax saving Empire Zone.

The Shelby plant is one of at least three ethanol projects being planned around central and western New York. A coalition of corn growers plans a 50 million-gallon-a-year plant in Seneca County. The coalition is currently trying to decide whether to place the plant in Seneca Falls or at the old Seneca Army Depot in Romulus.

Northeast Biofuels has proposed a 100 million-gallon-a-year plant in Fulton, Oswego County.

As the price of gasoline continues to rise, ethanol has become a more economically attractive option for producers. General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. have launched ambitious campaigns to market ethanol-powered vehicles, which have helped public awareness of the products.

New York's strong heritage in agriculture, chemistry and engineering also make it an attractive place to build such plants, experts say.

Distillers' grains and carbon dioxide, two byproducts of ethanol production, also are in high demand.

Pataki has proposed bringing alternative fuels to New York State Thruway rest stops and cutting taxes to make the fuel drastically cheaper than gasoline.

it seems like they're just offering the rebate to push drilling in alaska national wildlife reserve thinking nobody will complain because they get 100 dollars.

Hell, I'd be ecstatic if that lasted me a week!!!!