Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

The Harrisburg Apparatus Review

4 posts in this topic

On Saturday, myself and CM36 traveled to the Harrisburg show. Again, another AWESOME show, the place and show is HUGE! Due to the way the apparatus was positioned and the amount of people there, it was tough to get pics so I didnt get many at all.

Here are some of the things/apparatus that were at the show that I wanna share:

Providence, RI FD new Special Hazards Unit (SH is RI's name for a Rescue, and a Rescue in RI is an ambulance) 2004 Pierce Arrow XT

(The Arrow XT is the new extreme duty/urban service chasis from Pierce).This unit was purchased by PFD as a demo, and will be delivered to the dealer this week. When it goes into service, I will be taking a road trip up there to shoot it. This had to be one of my favorite rigs in the show.

FDNY's New Ferrara- They really built this nicely.Very sturdy, and for the most part, exactly like the Seagraves. The new LED warning is awesome as well.

Sussex County, NJ Seagrave Maraurder/Force 105' Quint- Nice Seagrave Ladder that is set to be delivered soon.

Bowie, MD's Mack/Aerialscope. -Nice rig, also great to see a brand-new Mack CF/Aerialscope

Fort Worth, Texas Ladder 2- It was cool to see a Texas truck in the Northeast. Set to be mailed to TF7 shortly, this rig is a 2004 ALF Eagle Midmount tower.

Phoenix, AZ ALF Eagle- The engine in this Engine is mounted midship, and the pump is mounted in the rear. Both the pump and engine are extremly accesible for maitenence, and where the engine is place, taking it out of the cab, makes the cab where the crew sits enourmous. It also, as I am told, makes the ride very quiet and much cooler, which is important in the Arizona climate.

Villanova EMS's New Rig- I have seen this 2003 Ford E-450/Horton before, but a very nice ambulance!!

www.vems.org

Carlisle, PA's "Heavy Engine-2004 KME Engine with 75' stick- very cool looking truck and nicely laid out

http://www.pafirefighter.net/Combos/E241/DSCF0025.JPG

Seagrave Eagle, uh I mean Concorde- I finally got to see it in person, and its actually pretty nice. Very closely resemble the ALF Eagle chasis.

Seagrave Attacker- another nice sturdy chasis from Seagrave. The 75' Meanstick it was attached to was pretty nice as well.

Pierce Arrow XT- AWESOME rugged chasis! Nice rugged interior as well.

Pierce Quantum- The new redesign makes the front grill different, but nice.

Smeal- They had a new chasis of their own. Pretty nice, a lot like a Spartan.

Unimog- What a cool all terrain truck!

Shrewsbury, PA Rescue- This Spartan Chasis'd walk around rescue was HUGE! But the most intresting feature was that it had a train horn mounted on the roof.

http://www.shrewsburyfire.com/Rescue%2061%.../Squadzilla.htm

Crimson Fire- Now producing their own aerials.

KME Predator- Looks pretty good, the inside is nice as well.

East Fishkill, NY's New Marion Rescue- Nice rescue going to East Fishkill, NY. Painted Black-over-red and a command cab.

There was a ton of other apparatus there, but that's what stands out in my mind right now.

In regards to Crimson Fire making their own aerials, Arlington, Texas has one of these on order. It's due to arrive sometime this Summer. I would expect it to be done in time to make an appearance at Fire Rescue International in New Orleans in August. Also on order from Crimson Fire are a couple all Crimson built Tillers for Dallas Fire Rescue. :D:D:D

I can't wait to see the new Truck 2 (we don't call them Ladders [-X ) for Fort Worth. :-P I was hoping someone would send me some photos, but instead I got photos of a VEMS Bus. LOL :-P :D

Thanks for the photos!!! :D =D> I'll be waiting for her arrival here in Fort Worth!!! Now I just have to figure out, do I camp out at the Fort Worth Freightliner dealer, or the Fort Worth Fire Dept. Shop. #-o You are shipping it Fed-Ex overnight, correct?!! :-P :-P