Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Deadliest Catch

27 posts in this topic

Does anyone watch the show Deadliest Catch (Alaskan Crab Fishing)?. What do you guys/girls think of it. I saw it last night, pretty cool.

Its a very dangerouse job but its a way to make 12-33 grand for 1 week out on the cold sea depending on how much crab you and your crew catch.

yea i watch that show i think it is cool and intresting how there out on the ship when it is like a sheet of ice

i work on boats and my capt. used to work on fishing boats out of point judith ri. I watch it religously and as a matter of fact i will be working on a dragger fishing boat in januarary and feburary out of rhode island . I would love to do the crabbing, if u watched a couple weeks ago the M/V Norhwestern or Marverick each crew meber made 42 grand! in 10 days of work, now thats a paycheck. now if we can only make all the politicans see that firefighting and being a cop and the next two dangerous jobs, maybe they would pay a real salary, like these guys make.

An excellent program.

if im correct I think this is the third season, great show ive seen every episode!! :P

I think its a great show and beats any reality show out there!

Does anyone watch the show Deadliest Catch (Alaskan Crab Fishing)?. What do you guys/girls think of it. I saw it last night, pretty cool.

Its a very dangerouse job but its a way to make 12-33 grand for 1 week out on the cold sea depending on how much crab you and your crew catch.

Did you ever see the Perfect Storm? Just think about that type of lifestyle. Is the $$$$$ worth it? I believe they are out at sea for more than a week..BH232... :P

Awesome show. I would love to do that but when that guy wigged out and that had to go back to shore i figured that would be me. Thank goodness for DVR's i record every show.

As from my favorite line in History of the world part I

"Your nuts!!! N-V-T-S, nuts!!!!!"

Great show, one heck of a way to work though.

Great Show!!!

But there all a little bit Crazy.

Is the Money worth your LIFE?

very good show, extremly interesting, and really cool. I watch it whenever I can

I have seen this show several times, and every time i say to my self these guys are nuts. Being wet and cold is just terrible. The show is great though. Its good lets other people know what has to be done to get money in a differant part of the world.

The show is on RIGHT NOW....one boat got slammed witha 50 foot rogue wave

Is this the deadliest job in the world?

As from my favorite line in History of the world part I

"Your nuts!!! N-V-T-S, nuts!!!!!"

Great show, one heck of a way to work though.

Lets see ....burning building everyone is running out and Whoooa here comes a firetruck with firefighters and THEY run in..........Hmmm who's nuts ?????????

LOL I think we all are in our worst way :wub:

Here fishy fishy fishy....40 grand for less then a months work ain't too bad....I'd do it.

as dangerous as firefighting is, you have to contemplate the odds of getting killed versus fishing in the bearing straights. we average 100 ff's killed each year while operating at thousands of fires annually. compare this with fishing for a few weeks with a couple of dozen boats and averaging 5-10 guys lost at sea each year. i'll take my chances in a fire building.

I guess we now know why King Crab cost so much..... But I would be willing to give it a try. It must be some experience....

I guess we now know why King Crab cost so much..... But I would be willing to give it a try. It must be some experience....

I'd have to go with you even out the boat....LOL :o

:) This is just a thought of mine, so PLEASE dont kill me!!! :)

Firefighters are killed in an effort to save a human life or their property. Fishermen are killed to fill the stomaches of mostly rich, snobby people. Is it really worth risking your life for? Do we really need to eat crab THAT bad? I agree, the money is GREAT, but, crab? Just my thought.

On a lighter note, Im from Long Island originally and I dont eat sea food. :o My family think Im nuts for that alone!

Stay Safe

Jonesy

On a lighter note, Im from Long Island originally and I dont eat sea food. :o  My family think Im nuts for that alone!

Stay Safe

Jonesy

Yeah I HATE seafood, The way it looks and smells turns me off. Never even tried it. Once I smelt it I knew it wasnt for me. Ill stick with the Burgers and Steakes.

Great show

Discovery channel has a lot of good shows and this is one of them. Highly recommended..... :o

jonesy, it was not a question of whether fishing is a noble job , just dangerous.

jonesy, it was not a question of whether fishing is a noble job , just dangerous.

VERY dangerous :) That was my point. I can take a fishing pole to the docks and catch a nice dinner. These guys KILL themselves to put crab on someones plate. Thats all I was saying. :)

VERY dangerous :)   That was my point.  I can take a fishing pole to the docks and catch a nice dinner.  These guys KILL themselves to put crab on someones plate.  Thats all I was saying. :)

its all for the money ,, i think we all would try it for the share of the money, $23,000 to $40,000 for a couple of months not bad :)

Edited by maximbull

jonesy- is there a gun put to the fishermans head? do the same fisherman go year after year for the ability to earn some good money? if you do't agree with what these guys do for a living, don't eat their products or support the show. please do not preach in this forum about what sort of employment people in alaska are allowed to have

I'd have to go with you even out the boat....LOL :D

Both of us on the same boat, holy cow, BIG BOAT....I hope we wouldnt eat all of the profits.....lol :o