Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

88-33 To the Rig

5 posts in this topic

I work in Putnam County and because a number of departments are dispatched on the high band, we have one along with the stock low band 40 control radio. Now, every morning/day/night i work i consistantly hear "88-33 to the rig" when 60 Control dispatches CVAC. I cant think of one instance where i havent heard "88-33 to the rig" after a CVAC dispatch...in fact hes like clock work, its even become source of humor in the station. So, who is 88-33??!?! While im at it, youve got true dedication haha! :)

8833 is our President and top responder Jack.

Jack is a tremendous asset to our Corps. He is retired so he has the ability to respond during the day for us.

Jack's an EMT-I and is now working as a CLI in the ongoing CFR and EMT classes at CCVAC.

Thanks Jack, you're an inspiration to many.

There is not a Day where i have not Heard 8833 I have personally rode with Jack several times and he is great

If it was not for Jack our Daytime calls would go Muilt Aid

I Personlly Like to thank Jack For do a Great JOB

here is a dedicated senior member of cvac,the younger members should look up to him and put in at least half the amount of time jack dose,this is where in any department the younger members should just all wake up and give a little bit moore and just step up to the plate rather than sit in the dugout,who is going to give there all when these older members can not do it any moore?learn from youre senior members so that when youre time comes there might be something written about you on this site,we are all a family in this service so lets pass things down the way they should be and not pass the buck to some oen else.

First, hats off to Jack for kicking a** all the time for CVAC! 2nd, thanks to 66Alpha1 for recognizing Jacks continuous dedication! Jack is one of those members that every corps/dept. wishes they could have more of. Hes an all around awesome guy and an excellent EMT (I). He pretty much makes all daytime/weekday calls for us and therefore its rare that we need to go m/a. Thanks and congrats to a job continuously well done!

Now to mnfbhmc1...

Nice of you to notice Jacks dedication and how much he puts into the VAC, however you're going a bit overboard in my opinion. I don't mean going overboard in regards to Jacks dedication, but getting on the younger members supposed lack there of. Are you a member of CVAC or another local agency? Do you know any of our members? Did you know that our current 1st Lt. is 27 or 28 years old and our 2nd Lt. is about 22 years old? Hows that for dedicated young members? Jack happens to be retired so he is around during the day, our younger members are either at school or work. Maybe it seems as though the younger members aren't as active because you don't hear them during the day. However, many of our younger members make up our overnight crews, answering calls at all house of the night. I'm in no way downplaying what Jack does for us, we owe alot to him. I know many young members that wish they could have the dedication that Jack has.

So before you start on a tangen on how the younger members should step up to the plate, know your facts.

Again, thanks and congrats to Jack (8833) for a hell of a job well done, again and again!