Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Discounts at Fitness Centers

7 posts in this topic

Just wondering if any depts. get discounts at local fitness centers? If so what kind of discount? Also, do any depts. pay a percentage of gym memberships? These kinds of incentives are becoming more widespread nowadays (with rising LODD due to health) but i have not heard of anything in Westchester.

thought it was funny, joined NYSC a while back, now they have a rule, only paid firefighters get discounts, out of control

thought it was funny, joined NYSC a while back, now they have a rule, only paid firefighters get discounts, out of control

Tell me about it - this is ridiculous...they should be ashamed of themselves. I recently quit my membership and made it a point to tell the manager why - hopefully she will pass it along to senior mngt....doubt it though.

our department looked into the gym memberships recently. most of the places would not set up a "department" discount or even give us a discount if we sent them more then 10 members. the way we have it set up is the individual members sign up as they would on their own, and as long as they meet the number of times required by the commissioners each month (which for us is 8 times a month) they reimburse us up to $40 a month.

In NJ I get a discount at Golds Gym. Just showed them my Volly FD ID.

I know they also give it to EMS.

our department looked into the gym memberships recently. most of the places would not set up a "department" discount or even give us a discount if we sent them more then 10 members. the way we have it set up is the individual members sign up as they would on their own, and as long as they meet the number of times required by the commissioners each month (which for us is 8 times a month) they reimburse us up to $40 a month.

That's pretty cool. If you don't mind what department are you from?

Im from Beekman (dutchess county) and Montrose VA.