Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paratrooper75

FDNY- Tentativly scheduled filing period

13 posts in this topic

I just saw that they added a tentative filing period for the FF exam for Dec. The filing is tentativly scheduled for Aug-Oct. Anybody know how many applicants they usually get?

around 6000 last list

where can i get any app?

around 6000 last list

Thats the number who made the list. The total number who came out for the test was around or above 10,000.

Plenty of people take the written and never show for the physical agility portion, some fail and never get a shot at the agility.

where can i get any app?

the website....

i went on the website, and the link for "appls" doesnt give any attachment to download. anyone else know how to actually get an application? do I call that hotline, or is that just useless?

i went on the website, and the link for "appls" doesnt give any attachment to download. anyone else know how to actually get an application? do I call that hotline, or is  that just useless?

if you live in the city have seen them distributed out in the streets

Applications will be available from the website as soon as the filling period opens. There are also locations that you can go to to pick up apps. And if thats not enough, you can even call and have them send you an app. But they won't do a thing for you till the filling period starts.

Does FDNY have seperate lists for residents and non-residents, hiring the residents first like Yonkers?

You are given 5 extra points on the written test if your are a NYC resident.

there isn't an age limit anymore right?

I.E. if you were 38, you could still apply to take the exam?

You can not have reached your 29th birthday by the start of the application period. You can however can recieve an age credit of up to six years for each year of active duty military service. So if you have 6 or more years in the military your cut off is 35. But sorry, 39 is too old.