Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yonkers PD 2006 Cars

5 posts in this topic

What's new in the Yonkers PD 2006 edition cars? And does the city stripe/outfit them in house?

Yonkers PD:

Whelen-

Freedom B-Link LED Lightbar

700 linear grille led's

led mirrorbeams

the usual hide-a-way strobes

rear abmer led's on trunk lid

nothing special in my opinion.

Slick tops-

Whelen inner edge (rear)

Dual Talon (front)

led tir3 arrow stick on rear deck custom mount w/radar

led mirror beams

rear amber led on trunk lid

500 5mm leds on each quarter panel

all cars have cages, plastic rear seats, and rear window bars and flat panels (no arm rests)

also new laptop computer docks in each car.

They got 5 cars 3 with lightbars 2 slick tops not done in Yokers this time but by a company in Mamaroneck.

-built by StrobeGuRu

Edited by StrobeGuRu

Greenburgh got a new Crown Vic 2, Car 66. Also switched to LED lightbars. I dont like the flash patterns on the bar though. Only the outer lights flash in a normal pattern (4 flashes on 1 side, then 4 on the other) the other lights only flash 1 lighthead at a time and scan through each lighthead, not like the outer lights.

The Yonkers cars are purchased from a dealer in Pennsylvania, the largest police fleet dealership in the country I believe. The YPD purchases the warning products directly from the manufacturer (whelen, code 3 ect ect) and the dealer does some install and they have a team that handles some in house. The fleet division also handles some of the electonic repair work in house.

Fleet services for many years have installed every component of Yonker police radio cars and I mean every component. Due to key people retiring over the years and an aging fleet, upgraded computers and technology. It has been determined that ordering the cars for a huge fleet with many specialty vehicles would be a better solution. Many upgrades have been added for officer safety and effecientcy and key radio repair personel would then remain available for repairs and other special projects designated by the fleet manager (undercover vehicles etc.). Fleet services also operates the departments mobile command center and maintains other specialty vehicles stored inside there garage. This is a very busy operation and with new management operating the division it has become a better run operation.