Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

$100 burger !

10 posts in this topic

:blink::blink:

Fla. restaurant sells $100 hamburger

Wed Jun 21, 9:37 AM ET

AP

A hundred bucks might buy you more than six dozen burgers from McDonald's, but the swanky Old Homestead Steakhouse will sell you one brawny beef sandwich for the same price.

Boca Raton Mayor Steven Abrams could barely speak between bites as he devoured the 20-ounce, $100 hamburger billed as the "beluga caviar of sandwiches."

"Heaven on a bun," restaurant owner Marc Sherry said.

The burger debuted Tuesday at the restaurant in the Boca Raton Resort and Club, where a membership costs $40,000 and an additional $3,600 a year.

"We've never had a hamburger on our menu here so we really wanted to go to the extreme," Sherry said, calling it "the most decadent burger in the world."

At about 5 1/2 inches across and 2 1/2 inches thick, the mound of meat is comprised of beef from three continents — American prime beef, Japanese Kobe and Argentine cattle.

The bill for one burger, with garnishing that includes organic greens, exotic mushrooms and tomatoes, comes out to $124.50 with tax and an 18 percent tip included.

The restaurant will donate $10 from each sale to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

18% Tip included....f**k that! Who the hell are they to tell you how much to tip. I hate it when I see that. What if the waiter was a jerk or if the food sucked? Wasn't there a court case somewhere upstate that said the patron doesn't have to pay the tip if they don't want to? Damn now I'm hungry...does this place deliver?

Sorry for the rant.

18% Tip included....f**k that!  Who the hell are they to tell you how much to tip.  I hate it when I see that.  What if the waiter was a jerk or if the food sucked?  Wasn't there a court case somewhere upstate that said the patron doesn't have to pay the tip if they don't want to?  Damn now I'm hungry...does this place deliver?

Sorry for the rant.

it sounds exactly like the people i deal with in cross river.....yeah, snoby....so if you want just a burger, i'm guessing you have to be a member and to make it good, why not go for some of those greens things...what ever they are :P haha...so saying that you want just that burger, you are going 40000+3600+124.50 and add about ...we'll say around 200 for gas going down and back....if i am adding right, i think that is $43924.50 for a burger.

I'll still stick to a little joint up here in New Haven Called Louis' Lunch on College Street. For $4 you get a good size patty on white toast with a slice of tomato, slice of onion and cheese spread. Ketchup is a no no here! Tastes like a millin bucks!

Yes this is the place that was featured on the FOOD CHANNEL. If you ever come up this way, check it out.

All i can say is the BLAZER.. great burgers~~~!!! :D

:lol: Where's The Beef?

You can go down to 9th Avenue in the city and get a $41.00 hamburger. Save the gas money and the 18% tip by not going to Florida and buy dessert too!

I love NY!

WWW.TheOldHomesteadSteakHouse.Com

There's a burger joint a few doors down from the Trumbull Center Firehouse (in Trumbull, CT) that has a Kobe beef burger for around $30...

There's just something about eating meat from an animal that was fed beer and given massages... Sounds like a nice lifestyle! B)

All i can say is the BLAZER.. great burgers~~~!!! :D

Amen Brother!!! Aint nuttin better than a Blazer Burger!!!!!!!!!

There's just something about eating meat from an animal that was fed beer and given massages...  Sounds like a nice lifestyle!  B)

Yeah untill it was killed...lol.

I'm quite partial to a Katonah Diner (Restaurant, whatever) burger. Very good in my opinion, at least the best I've tried locally (blazer excluded because it's in a league of it's own) that isn't from a commercially owned place (applebee's etc.)