Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Goldens Bridge New Engine?

6 posts in this topic

Fire Apparatus Journal is reporting that Goldens Bridge is getting a new engine. Anyone have any idea what they're getting?

Edited by EM2FD

Let me guess......replacing the '68 Mack? :unsure::(

There is a truck committee in place to replace the mini attack ENG. 139. The 68 Mack ENG. 138 will be replaced after the mini.

There is a truck committee in place to replace the mini attack ENG. 139. The 68 Mack ENG. 138 will be replaced after the mini.

Regarding Engine 138..they are afraid that I have washed and waxed it too many times and the metallic structure of the engine is no longer intact :lol:

But yes, this bid and replacement is for Engine 139.

From what I gather the committee is looking to get a similar truck this time with a crew cab and of course up to date firematically meeting the newest requirements. Some fire district board members however are giving them a hard time after realizing that this vehicle is $160,000 +. They are trying to steer the committee towards a skid mount unit, due to lower cost. A skid mount will not meet the needs of the department. Wait till the have to replace the Mack. Class A's are approaching 400K these days.