Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ace84

Jericho Working Car Fire Video

8 posts in this topic

Good footage. With a diversion route right there why did the cop take so long to shut the road. And why did it take so long for the air sirens or was it the 2nd round?

seems like this kid gets alot of car fires....hmmmm

I think He just took other peoples videos

otherwise how can one guy see all those fires?

shows the delay between PD and FD getting the call on Long Island, The firehouse is located just north of the scene, the bridge in the background is the street the firehouse is located on.

But generally on Long Island if you call 911 PD is gonna get there a lot faster. After the 911 operator gets it it goes to the county fire dispatcher who then must call the local FD who activates it themselves, though some depts on LI are activated by the county dispatchers, each dept is different.

Edited by Taz288

check and advise?

Regarding the delay, keep in mind that Nassau County PD Highway Patrol is on the Long Island Expressway all day just driving up and down, hence them being able to respond much faster than FD, which needs to be notified, have members respond, etc. As for not shutting down all lanes at first, it is a procedure that they try to avoid because doing so has proven in the past to only create more traffic, including in the shoulders, as well as more accidents and fender-benders which results in blocking access to other responding vehicles. As you can see, as soon as the second unit arrives and the engine begins operations, all lanes are shut down.

I agree that something is up w/this guy? Even if he takes other people's videos ya gotta wonder what kind of person would be so interested in sh** like that. I laughed but after a while I was like what the he** is goin' on here?????