Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Yonkers Now On SCAN60

16 posts in this topic

Yonkers FD can now be heard on scan60.com

Along with Yonkers, White Plains FD and 60 Control can also be heard. Great Site !

Site does not work.

When you register you get "Could not register new user"

I think that their server might have been down this afternoon. Try it again tomorrow. It is a REALLY GREAT SITE (For those who are intereseted in Monitoring 60 Control, White Plains and Yonkers)

I was able to register, but I the audio feed isnt working. does anyone know what to do?

Edited by bibbles10504

Same problem here, the white plains feed seems to not be working...

haaaaaahahahah....it works fine for me!!!!!!! lol..feed 2 wont seem to work but feed 1 is. the first day or 2 after i registered, the feeds didnt work either. now its be fine besides feed 2 not working for me

We are trying to see how far we can push on our current bandwidth. Tuesday and yesterday, we where limited to 20 listeners. Once the 20 slots where full, new connection would not be able to listen to the feed which is what happened to quite a few people yesterday.

I bumped up the limit for today but I'm not sure how many listeners we can truly handle on our current bandwidth. The limit I have on for today may very well be much much passed my capacity so we'll see.

haaaaaahahahah....it works fine for me!!!!!!! lol..feed 2 wont seem to work but feed 1 is.  the first day or 2 after i registered, the feeds didnt work either.  now its be fine besides feed 2 not working for me

--

grandcancuck

According to the Host of the site, they are limiting the amount of "Listeners" due to the limitations that he was regardng BANDWIDTH.

Hopefully, with some contributions, he can obtain some additional resources to increase the amount of bandwidth and thus more people can listen in.

He is just starting this site up and it appears to be a really good one. Lets all do what we can to help contribute to the success of this site. It appears to be a really great "Complimentary Sister Site" to EMTBRAVO, that will allow people to have access "On Line" to the Emergency Activity in Westchester County

cool site, it worked today and I was able to log in

Well if everyone really likes the site and some depend on it, we should make donations to keep it running. Im going to make a donation. ;)

After logging on should the feed just work or do you need a special player or something? Can log on but I get no sound.

Edited by fjp326

site really is great. problem is there are so many people listening now its hard to get on. after you log on you should go to the upper left hand corner where it says internet radio and click feed 1. if the bandwith is not overrun by people listening in, it should just work automatically on the existing media player you have on your computer. hope this helps.

Edited by nwpfdjr27

Just FYI, we have added a significant amount of bandwidth behind Scan60.com, which should make the listening experience overall more pleasurable. I was finaly able to get rid of the 3 hours timeout on the feed. You will still have to re-login to browse the site as the cookie expires but you should be able to grab a feed in the morning and listen all day assuming nothing bounces.

Please keep us posted on how you like the site, if you find it useful and what we could do to make it better.

Edited by grandcanuck

Hey grandcanuck,

I registered for your site yesterday, when I was trying to listen to the Tornado traffic, and I still haven't gotten my e-mail to confirm. What's the deal?

CAM

Site works great! Good idea, good job.

CAM, just try signing in. I never got an email back either so i just tried to sign in and it worked.