Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irishfire2491

Color Guard In parades?

7 posts in this topic

In The Color Guard in Parades There are several different set up with Fire and EMS

Two guards on each end with an American Flag and a Company Flag

or

Two guards on each end with an American Flag with a Banner in the front

What does your Dept run FIRE AND EMS and what is better???

In The Color Guard in Parades There are several different set up with Fire and EMS

Two guards on each end with an American Flag and a Company Flag

or

Two guards on each end with an American Flag with a Banner in the front

What does your Dept run FIRE AND EMS and what is better???

pretty sure this is the same way OFD goes today....

(Dad on the left...)

CHECK OUT THE LINK

http://emtbravo.net/index.php?act=module&m...y&cmd=si&img=71

Edited by nyemt131411

pretty much as I know it, there has to be an american flag (obviously) and a minimum of one guard, carrying anything or not (not sure which side he has to be on if there is only one). If there are multiple American flags there has to be two guards (one on each side). if there are multiple flags (Ex. State, POWMIA, Dept.or Comp. flag.) the American Flag has to be all the way to the right (as if u are in the colorguard, the left if u are looking at them from the front). Banners I believe are optional. Also if not mistaken all Guardsmen have to wear all matching Items, Citation Cords, Silver or Gold Collar Brass, Badges. Etc.

Our company's color guard includes The American Flag, State of Connecticut flag, the Flag of Ierland (denoting the heritage of the company's founders) The company flag and protected by two riflemen. If we needed to lose a flag, we cut the Irish flag out but rarely do we. Banners are marched in fromt of the color guard.

For the most part, the uniform of the color guard must match the rest of the unit. No ranking officers should make up the color guard. Line officers shall march behind the color guard. Citation bars, medals, badges of honors are not required to match since thery are personal awards, but should be displayed on the same portion of every uniform. Just like the arm patches should match every uniform in the unit.

Sorry, just felt like sharing another pic. Same deal, but circa +/- late 60's early 70 I think.

This one has Dad on the right, and my uncle on the left!

Thanks for letting me share. . . .

Edited by nyemt131411

I give up....i shrunk the pics and i still cant get them in there, now the first one's gone. Technology sucks sometimes <_< (

i'd take the blame, but it's easier to blame the computer! :D

A color guard is a guard for our nations colors. The guard should consist of a rifleman on both sides of the flag. When there are mutiple flags the US flag is the right most.