Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Looking For "Lost" Ardsley/Hartsdale Engines

3 posts in this topic

For the past couple of years, I've been looking for "where are they now" photos of two pieces of apparatus.

#1. Ardsley's former Engine 165, a 1979 Mack CF which was sold to Hartsdale NY which in turn sold it to a department believed to be on the Pennsylvania/West Virginia border in the year 2000.

#2. Hartsdales former Engine 171, a 1971 Maxim believed to have been sold to a department in "Conesville" NY, also in the year 2000.

If anyone has any information on these rigs (if they still even exist), please post here. If you have photos or can get photos, please PM me. Thanks!

Hey didn't Ardsley have a 1967-1972 Young Crusader engine also? I wonder where that thing is... a beautiful and innovative truck IMHO.

Ardsley had a 1970 Young Crusader (I think I may have a photo somewhere), assigned to Engine 164

When it was replaced with the 1992 Spartan Gladiator/Beck, the Young was bought by and shipped to Montserrat, an island in the Caribbean in 1992. In the late 1990's, that island was devastated by a volcanic eruption, and the Young was seen running calls on international news footage. Its current whereabouts and status is unknown.