Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BedfordFire

Who has the I-page system?

5 posts in this topic

I currently subscribe to the I-page service for my department to get calls and information. These texts do have their pros and cons, as you may be able to get more information on the texts than what is said over the air (stating specific locations, what or who is involved, etc.), however I have noticed that they are a lot slower getting to me after the tones are put out, some times up to 20 or 30 seconds later. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem or noticed this, and also wondering who else uses this service.

graham... i think thats normal.

i could be totally off here, but i think its just cause the dispatcher has to type up what happened and sent it out.

When a 60 Control Dispatcher enters a job into the CAD system (which is done simultaneously with taking the phone call), the CAD system autmotically and by itself generates the page instantly and sends it out to the set subscribers via their cell carrier.

The delay is usually because of your personal carrier. The message has to go through their system, and that is where the delay orginates.

I have the I-Page also, once in a while I'll get the text page (I've been in the radio room in my firehouse) as I hear the voice over the radio giving the info, but we sometimes don't get the tones on the initial dispatch.

60 has a disclaimer related to I-Page use stating that because of delays (not due to them, I might add!) to NOT use I-Page as a primary notification system. It's nice to have, though!