Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firecapt32

Ossining Fire 7-20-06

3 posts in this topic

I read again in todays paper about the Fire in Ossining, also read the post in here about the same fire. Seems to me that Ossining has "it" togeather where fires are concerned. My hat goes off to them for another well coordinated fire attack in extreme conditions.

Well done OFD --- Training and proper IC does help and it shows

Well said Capt.! I have had the pleasure to work with the OFD on several occasions and they have always been an outstanding department!

I was not at this recent fire, but from what i have seen and heard from guys from my dept. that were there, the OFD did a terrific job. Considering how hot it was that day and the ammount of fire they were faced with, it ran very smoothly.

Chief Mauro Santucci is an outstanding Incident Commander who is always on top of his game. He is a Chief who is obviously well trained and experienced. Aside from that, he is the kind of Chief who is constantly concerned for his mens safety.

On a side note, there are 9 companies in the OFD and it is a rare occasion when you see that many companies work together so well. The Engine companies do one hell of a job on the lines, while the Truck company members are some of the best i've seen!

As always, hats off to the OFD and Chief Santucci for another job well done!

Edited by BFD1054

EVEN THOUGH WE WERENT ABLE TO ASSEMBLE A PROPER FAST (CROTON FD) I HAVE HEARD THAT OFD DID A HELL OF A JOB AGAIN. IT'S ALWAYS A PLEASURE TO WORK WITH THE BOYZ AND GIRLZ OF O-TOWN.

I PROMISE THIS WAS A FIRST AND LAST FOR THE CROTON FD FAST, WE WILL CONTINUE TO BE THERE FOR OUR NEIGHBORS, DONT WORRY!!