Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What Type Of Nozzle In LA Brush Fire Photos?

7 posts in this topic

looks to me like its just a gated wye, with a nozzle on one end and a hose on the other, seems logical, instead of having 10 handlines running up a hill u have 1 or 2 with a bunch of nozzles covering a large area.

i copy the picture and took a closer look it looks like a wyne but it also looks llike a nozzle. I am not sure what kind but i can be sure its not a wyne. it some type of nozzle.

this is an easy one, however not sure of the exact model. That is a TFT VITG nozzle which is a valve integrated tip, for lack of better description an itegrated smooth bore in the shutoff and a low pressure automatic tip. It looks like they were using the hose and used the VITG to "break & extend" the line then putting the gated why on the end of the business end of the VITG and most like not wanting to be out of the game he attached the automatic tip to the second outlet on the wye. If you haven't used one of these try them they are the cat's tail. check out www.tft.com I know this nozzle is a special low pressue because of the orange color on the band, but check out the Phoenix Tip and the CAFS Foam delivery nozzle. Both hot stuff and very similar to the one in the pic.

Wont it be hard to manuver the hose/nozze???

A wye with two feeders and an adapter with one wye with a nozzle. I can make one of those at my house. :P