Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQDBOSS

What Dept's have SOP's for FAST

5 posts in this topic

I know there have been multiple discussions in the past regarding FAST Operations and the NFPA's "definition' of FAST deployment, but my question is this. What Departments actually have response plans devised that upon going to work, a FASTeam is on the way? Obviously I'm throwing this out to the smaller Dept's and even some Combo Dept's that have a problem with volunteer response.

I know there have been multiple discussions in the past regarding FAST Operations and the NFPA's "definition' of FAST deployment, but my question is this. What Departments actually have response plans devised that upon going to work, a FASTeam is on the way?  Obviously I'm throwing this out to the smaller Dept's and even some Combo Dept's that have a problem with volunteer response.

Hartsdale and Scarsdale have an agreement that upon either Department going to work on a all hands they call the either to act as a FAST team.

For example about a month ago Scarsdale had an all hands on fenimore road at about 2am and Hartsdale's FAST was requested and Engine 170 responded as FAST and the same happened about 2 weeks ago for smoke in the building in Hartsdale and the Ic requested Scarsdale FAST.

this agreement deals with a 2nd alarm request in Hartsdale the IC used to get Greenville ladder 4 and Fairview Eng 175 on the request now its Both of those units with the FAST team from Scarsdale.

I am 99.9% sure that upon transmission of 10-75 in Croton a FAST is dispatched per our SOG's.

Edited by CFD320

Our boxes are set so there is a FAST on every 2nd alarm.

As for requirements to be a FAST member in my dept. you must be a cleared interior FF for 1 year, have FAST, FF Survival, Truck Co. Ops., and Mask Confidence.

And for the FAST to respond as a FAST there must be at least 6 Interior Qual. ppl, at least 4 must be FAST as per department specs.

Mahopac has a FAS Team dispatched on 2nd Alarm (which is any working structure fire). We will use either Mohegan or Brewster depending on which side of the district the call is on