Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mount Vernon Rescue

6 posts in this topic

Is the New Recue in this picture from the link below in service yet from Mount Vernon. Also is it replacing Rescue 1 or will it get a new county identicication nimber.

Mount Vernon Link

You know I saw it on the Merrit Parkway last week in Meriden heading north, It might have been going to Nichols for service or going back to Mt. V to I-91 (the interchange is in Meriden). It was stripped and lettered for Mount Vernon.

Sweet looking rig.

About time, how old is the current one, 20 years old?

I saw it at Station 3 this morning, dunno about it being in service though...

Does this also have a Cascade unit? Or strictly for heavy Rescue? Im guessing it does only because the old one did and MV does not have an MSU for now atleast.

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

Mount Vernon's new rescue is not in service yet. Come on the City of Mount Vernon do something in a timely manner... yeah right. The new rescue does not have a cascade system on it and neither did the old one. I was at station 2 the other day checking it out. Its definitly a sweet looking rescue. It has lots of room compared to the old one. I will let everyone know as soon as I know when its in service for good. Its definitly a nice rescue, the rescue guys really deserve it.