Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

PGFD Firefighters falls out of engine

5 posts in this topic

Reposted from Firehouse.com

A Prince George's County firefighter was hospitalized Saturday afternoon after falling from a fire truck.

At about 4 p.m. Saturday, Engine 72 of the Prince George's County Fire Department was responding to a fire call. As the fire engine was traveling in the 6300 block of Baltimore Avenue in Hyattsville, a firefighter fell out of the vehicle and sustained significant head injuries.

The firefighter was airlifted to Suburban Hospital in serious condition.

Engine 72 is out of Riverdale VFD. Seems like more and more we are seeing apparatus door failures. 72 is a 1992 Seagrave pumper that was rehabed, though it was a fully enclosed cab to begin with.

I guess its pretty obvious that he wasnt wearing a seatbelt.

When will we learn.

Lets just hope the brother gets better, never mind seatbelt or not. "We" wern't in the engine responding to that call... Keep yourself safe and please do try to buckle up always...

Edited by cas2383

Doors don't just "fail". We all must start wearing our seatbelts to stay safe. Hope he fully recovers.

Doors don't just "fail". We all must start wearing our seatbelts to stay safe. Hope he fully recovers.

I agree too and it could have been improperly shut and lached door as well and yes you should be seatbelted (this comming from an old standup canopy jump seat rider and i have since changed my ways).

Hopefully he will recovover fully.